Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Project Role: The Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Systems Specialist performs a lead technical role in application support for Con Edison's AMI systems such as the AMI Meter Data Management System (MDMS), Meter Asset Management System (MAMS), AMI Cross Meter Sync (ACMX). Work closely with the key Vendors on release notes explaining features, improvements, issues resolved, scheduled upgrades and enhancements. collaborate with AMI Run team to see any tools or reports needed to support monitoring or troubleshooting the production systems.
- Portfolio Scope: Assists in planning and road mapping, including analyzing technology components for vendor support and cyber security compliance. Lead technical team on developing in-house applications and assist in the implementation of Vendor applications. Maintain and support one or more existing applications including monitoring product license compliance.
- Deliverables: Subsystem designs, end-to-end flow diagrams, use cases, complex APIs and modules, data models, and all System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation. Delivers value through regular releases and frequent customer testing.
- Business Relationships and Management: Provides updates to project plan, reports critical issues. Troubleshoots and resolves client issues. Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Engages vendors/sponsors at the right level of detail for example in weekly status meetings. Proactively engages others outside the project teams to bring in expertise to work to solve technical issues.
- Decision Making: Identifies issues, develops alternatives, provides recommendations.
- People Leadership: Works independently and provides guidance to other employees and contractors. Actively seeks input from team members to facilitate quick resolution to issues. Demonstrates commitment and integrity and serve as a role model for team members.
- Operations: Conducts incident triage, remediation, root cause analysis and recommends preventive actions including HPI.
- Performance Improvement: Participates on IT process improvement teams. Makes suggestions on system or process improvements.
- Communications: Strengthens business relationships, managing and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders. Leads or contributes to team discussions. Proactively raises issues.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience IT preferred
Relevant Work Experience
- At least four (4) years experience working with users to define, specify, and implement complex reports. Must be able to understand complex data models and design or troubleshoot complex ORACLE/SQL Server database queries. Required
- Must possess strong project management skills with ability to complete multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines. Required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to transfer knowledge to peers and train subordinates. Required
- 4-5 years Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Required
- Working experience of ETL tools (SSIS, SPARK, etc.,) & XML Required
- Works well independently and as part of a team. Required
- Understanding of application design and Software Development Life cycle principles. Required
- At least two years of experience implementing technology to support business processes or adapting business process to take advantage of technology. Required
- Exceptional leadership skills required. Demonstrated ability to lead team activities, perform project management functions, and supervise team members. Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job, experience writing formal documentation and software technical requirements. Required
- Unix shell scripting, power BI Preferred
- Experience in UTILITY Projects or AMI Preferred
- Strong scripting skills (Perl, Shell, Python.) web development (SocketIO, Java Script, Json.)Experience with monitoring and logging platforms (Grafana, Prometheus, Splunk, etc.)Experience with architecture planning and technical documentation.
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.