Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Selected candidates will:
- Evaluate project requirements.
- Prepare scopes of work, design criteria, construction packages, economic analysis, authorization and appropriation funding requests and engineering specifications.
- Coordinate projects with end users and construction and provide field support.
- Monitor and report on project status, schedules and costs.
- Interface with or direct project work teams of discipline engineers and designers.
- Address outage, safety and environmental constraints as required.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of equipment, cable and accessory purchase specifications.
- Review and accept manufacturer's proposals and drawings.
- Serve as Lead Discipline Engineer with decision-making capability.
- Meet with other departments on the erection, testing, maintaining, and supplying consultation for the installation of equipment.
- Respond to emergency calls by operating departments and make field decisions in his area of responsibility.
- Ensure Company environmental and safety procedures and goals are incorporated into the project designs and create the EH&S Checklist for project installation package.
- Manage projects in E-project and Unifier.
- Provide other technical assistance as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 8 years applicable engineering work experience Applicable experience is experience in the design, analysis or operation of power systems, high voltage substations, distribution or transmission systems or
- Master's Degree with a bachelor's degree in Engineering and 6 years applicable engineering work experience Applicable experience is experience in the design, analysis or operation of power systems, high voltage substations, distribution or transmission systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 8 years applicable engineering work experience Applicable experience is experience in the design, analysis or operation of power systems, high voltage substations, distribution or transmission systems
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in application and development of technical principles and practices associated with Electrical Utility systems. Required
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Knowledgeable in basic engineering design and principles. Required
- Experience with conceptual design, system planning and electrical analysis. Preferred
- Experience specific to the engineering and application of Power Systems, Substations and Transmission facilities. Preferred
- Ability to write specifications and standards and coordinate engineering projects and assignments. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: P.E. License Preferrederred Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel to company locations and wear the required PPE as needed.
- Must be willing and able to work in substation / switching station areas (in an around live electrical equipment).
- Must be willing and able to crawl and walk between electrical equipment.
- Must be willing and able to walk extensively indoors and outdoors and climb ladders.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.