Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Auditing Financial Integrity Group (FIG) Fraud Data Analytics (FDA) team is responsible for developing and managing Con Edison's Fraud Data Analytics Platform, delivering fraud data analytics, and monitoring potential fraud risks. The team is looking for a systems analyst who is highly motivated, dedicated and who consistently demonstrates a strong work ethic and high level of integrity.
- Responsible for operations of FD platform and products, ensuring the right levels of reliability, availability, and performance in support of the business. Work with IT and vendor to optimize solutions and troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinate efforts of system upgrades and patches and insure intended result. Building non-complex queries to collect and analyze data. Maintain system design documents. Develop and maintain FDA reports and dashboards.
- Project Role: Works with limited supervision on low complexity project tasks.
- Deliverables: System design documents, data analysis, queries, reports, dashboards.
- Business Relationships and Management: Collaborates with subject matter experts to develop deliverables.
- Decision Making: Identifies issues, develops alternatives.
- People Leadership: Works independently on most tasks. Shares information readily.
- Operations: Resolves incidents under the direction of FDA manager.
- Performance Improvement: Participates in FDA process improvement discussion and task implementations.
- Communications: Communicates regularly, openly, and honestly with manager, team members and business partners using appropriate and effective methods. Raises concerns appropriately to mitigate issues.
- Support the team in its overall objectives, including FDA solution delivery and fraud data analytics.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in an analytical, mathematical, business, or computational field and a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience with at least one of the following database languages: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle. Required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming: Microsoft .NET (VB, C#), Java or Python. Preferred
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Preferred
- Experience with change management a plus. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be flexible with work hours, be on call and respond to emergencies.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.