Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We invest hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- Non-Pipeline Solutions replace the need for gas system infrastructure by increasing customer adoption of electrification and energy efficiency. As a Clean Energy Senior Specialist, you-ll work with the Clean Energy Manager in a leadership role to design and implement multiple Non-Pipeline Solution projects. This includes utilization of a diverse skillset overseeing vendors, budgets, forecasts, reporting and performance analysis, along with coordinating with internal departments for marketing, quality assurance, and measurement & verification. You-ll also participate in the development of new programs where the responsibilities include facilitating stakeholder engagement, developing Request for Proposals, drafting contracts, improving and documenting internal processes, reviewing regulatory filings and orders, and utilizing go-to market strategies. As a Clean Energy Senior Specialist you will develop subject matter expertise on Non-Pipeline Alternative (NPA) projects regulatory framework and manage risk and resources to ensure program success.
- This is an exciting role to utilize your abilities to drive results, apply cross-disciplinary skills to decarbonize the building sector, and lead the clean energy transition.
- Develop, launch, and operate Non-pipeline Solutions (NPS) by engaging with various market participants and customer segments, considering the implementation of a variety of innovative solutions (heat pump and energy efficiency technologies), conducting benefit-cost analyses, and finding optimal portfolios of these diverse solutions for differing areas of the service territory to achieve infrastructure elimination requirements.
- Coordinate activities and cross-functional work with various gas engineering and finance areas of the Company to foster the identification, development, and budgeting of Non-Pipeline Solutions.
- Establish processes, policies, and procedures for the regular consideration/integration of Non-Pipeline solutions into the Company or external entity planning.
- Work with Procurement team to develop procurement mechanisms (RFPs, RFIs, etc.) and manage the project delivery process including contract negotiation, execution management, and/or modifications of solutions or vendors to eliminate additional infrastructure investment in targeted areas.
- Manage relationships with vendors, customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders by responding to inquiries and providing an excellent customer experience.
- Direct Marketing, Corporate Affairs, and Market Research & Analytics teams to design and run outreach efforts to encourage the adoption of innovative solutions by selected customer groups.
- Collaborate with other Company, city, county, and state (NYSERDA) energy efficiency, electrification and demand response programs as needed.
- Ensure secure, complete, and accurate collection of program information, including monitoring, tracking, and accrual of costs.
- Program Management, process design, and documentation of activities throughout project lifecycle to meet milestones and Key Performance Indicators.
- Communicate status of NPS, from design to closeout, among the Customer Energy Solutions teams, senior leadership, governmental/regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders by giving presentations and providing performance reports.
- Monitor vendor, contractors, and installer activities for adherence to approved schedules, contract provisions, and project specifications.
- Review Quality Assurance and Measurement & Verification plans, reports, and studies for compliance with a focus on process improvement.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Commit to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers (both internal and external) and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Energy Management, Environmental Studies, Business/Economics, or related field and three (3) years of work experience.
- Master's Degree Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Energy Management, Environmental Studies, Business/Economics, or related field and Two (2) years of work experience.
- GTI, AEE CEM certifications. GTI Registered Gas Distribution Professional and/or AEE CEM certification is preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience with energy efficiency, distributed energy resources, electric vehicles building technologies, or gas/electrical engineering or construction from a utility, governmental organization or participating vendor perspective. Required
- Track record of project management and knowledge of available tools. Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results by collaborating with stakeholders to build consensus. Required
- Demonstrated organizational skills, focus on process documentation and the ability to see the big picture with strong attention to detail. Required
- Strong communications, presentation, writing and analytical skills. Required
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic environment. Required
- Ability to make decisions in real-time, under pressure. Required
- Initiative to continually refine and improve processes or procedures. Required
- Delivery of an exceptional customer experience. Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote). Required
- Experience in the natural gas industry with specific knowledge related to gas distribution engineering and resource planning, gas supply procurement, construction, and energy consuming technologies common to residential and commercial buildings. Preferred
- Technical and/or public policy writing skills. Preferred
- Familiar with New York State's Reforming the Energy Vision, Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) and Con Edison's rate case in the areas of Distribution System Implementation Plans, Non-Wires Solutions, Non-Pipeline Solutions, Electrification, and others relevant to energy efficiency and distributed energy resources (DERS). Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.