Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Identify and collect from data sources.
- Create data pipelines that will dictate data paths from data gathering to comprehensive analytics presentations.
- Analyze large amounts of data, both structured and unstructured.
- Discover data trends and patterns through the usage of various analysis algorithms.
- Present data using various data visualization techniques and tools.
- Lead discussions and assess the feasibility of AI/ML solutions for business processes and outcomes.
- Work with team members to develop data utilization strategies.
- Collaborating with the PRS&I team and customer to provide data-driven solutions created with original concepts.
- Create solutions and strategies to emergent business problems.
- Create analytics solutions for Engineering and various other business units by combining various tools, applied statistics, and machine learning.
- Collect and structure large data sets to find usable information to help guide capital projects / programs and establish key indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of protective relay systems.
- Investigate additional technologies and tools aimed towards the development of innovative data usage strategies.
- Stay current with the newest tools, trends, and technologies in data science to improve section and personal effectiveness.
- Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the Section Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in statistics, applied mathematics, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline. and 2 years total experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- A minimum of 2 years full time work experience to include 1 year of work experience in SQL Server Management Studio. Required
- Must have effective problem-solving, decision-making, planning and organizing skills. Required
- Must be adaptable and be results-oriented. Required
- Ability to import, cleanse, transform, validate and/or model data with the purpose of understanding trends and/or making conclusions to drive business decisions. Required
- Ability to present data in charts, graphs, and tables. Required
- Knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server. Required
- Understanding how to create views, stored procedures, and functions within a SQL database. Required
- Strong technical competence in database creation, management, and maintenance with the ability to create innovative, efficient, and synergistic database solutions. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.