Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conducting medical office based diagnostic tests and analysis as part of Occupational Health screening, surveillance, and regulatory exams.
- Conducting vision/hearing tests, spirometry, measuring and recording biometrics (i.e. height, weight, and neck circumference), vital signs, and performing urine dip stick tests.
- Administrative functions such as answering telephones, word processing, scanning and filing.
- Entering data, running reports, and performing support functions related to scheduling in the Electronic Medical Records System (i.e. Cority).
- Coordinating with vendors for services required for trailer operation and maintenance.
- This role is also responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary environment within our medical exam rooms/medical trailers.
- Stocking and organizing supplies closet on-site and off.
- Assisting with medical supply inventory and ordering.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2 years work experience in Health Care. or
- Associate's Degree in Health Care Field
- Associate's Degree Health Care and 2 years work experience in Health Care.
Relevant Work Experience
- Office based testing - vision, hearing and EKG. Required and
- Urine dipstick testing. Required and
- Experience taking vital signs - blood pressure, pulse, height, weight and respiratory rate. Required and
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of employee records. Required and
- Ability to work with computers and the software in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). Required and
- Solid organizational and communication skills. Required and
- Must be available to work at all medical trailers and on-site locations throughout the Company service territory. Required
- Experience with medical record administration including scanning and filing medical charts. Preferred
- Familiarity with scheduling office appointments and experience in an Occupational Health environment is preferred. Preferred
- Familiarity with drug testing programs. Preferred
- Experience working with electronic medical records. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: CPR/AED certified Required
- Other: Spirometry Certification 90 Days Required
- Other: American Medical Technologist (AMT) Certification (AMT) Preferred
- Other: American Society for Clinical Pathologist Certification (ASCP) Preferred
- Other: National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS) Preferred
- Must push, pull, lift up to 25 pounds
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must stoop, bend, reach and kneel throughout the workday
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.