Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist with the continued implementation and development of the enterprise real estate strategy including:
- Assist the Director and internal stakeholders to execute on current lease exit strategies. Proactively identify and recommend new lease exit opportunities.
- Support efforts to optimize Company-owned properties including evaluation of office, support space, material storage and parking to align with business needs; establishing and tracking real estate portfolio performance metrics; benchmarking with industry best-practices; including data analysis to inform funding strategy and provide executive level reporting.
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, leverage Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) to support the evolving workplace needs of the Company.
- Support the Company's Clean Energy Commitment including integrating sustainability and carbon footprint reduction into the planning, design and development of new facilities, as well as supporting evolving real estate needs.
- Project manage strategic capital projects within the Facilities capital portfolio including engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering / Architecture, Real Estate or Project Management or equivalent program and Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate and/or facilities project planning/management, construction and building systems.
- Master's Degree Engineering / Architecture, Real Estate or Project Management or equivalent program and Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate and/or facilities project planning/management, construction and building systems.
Relevant Work Experience
- Proven record in the project management from inception to completion of Real Estate and Facilities capital projects including interior renovations and new-build construction. Required
- Familiarity with NYS and NYC Building and Energy Codes as well as the FDNY and other city agency administrative and regulatory requirements. Required
- Experience with partnering with internal stakeholders to understand their current and future business needs and develop an initial scoping document, schedule and budget outline with input from others Required
- Develop and maintain a Project Execution Plan identifying project critical success factors and tracking key performance indicators Required
- Proficiency with scheduling, productivity and financial management software such as Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project, Oracle Unifier and AutoCad. Required
- Monitor project financial performance including cash-flow against approved budget and forecast Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Required
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with various levels of management, union personnel, internal and external customers as well as vendors and outside agencies. Required
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities. Required
- Demonstrated ability to accept challenges and use creative thinking to analyze data and recommend solutions. Required
- Strong leadership and judgment while maintaining a professional demeanor and confidence when dealing with all levels of personnel. Required
- A demonstrable commitment to providing excellent customer service to include scheduling and facilitating stakeholder updates/meetings. Required
- Must demonstrate a positive work ethic in support of the Company's Corporate Values and Mission. Required
- Demonstrated experience in commercial real estate portfolio management and portfolio optimization. Preferred
- Knowledge of standard real estate leases and familiarity with different forms of construction contract. Preferred
- Experience with developing and implementing change-management strategies, inclusive of stakeholder training. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: CPM and PMP Certifications Preferred
- Other: Membership of Real Estate and/or Construction industry organizations Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.