Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure the implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Diversity and Inclusion, discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison, we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all stakeholders.
- Support the organization by providing administrative support for invoicing, payments and other data centered areas of the business while working with the Construction Manager and Project Specialist to improve these processes
- Focus attention on helping the organization standardize templates for financial requests (i.e. RAP's and Appropriations) and other critical administrative areas of the organization.
- Assist Construction Manager and Project Specialist in developing dashboards to provide readily available information to CCI's in order to reduce their administrative burden.
- Perform at least two field visits per month with an experienced CCI or Senior Specialist to develop a working knowledge of the operations performed in Public Improvement & conduct a JSSE for each of the two locations with improvement opportunities.
- After the first six months in the EP role, meet with Construction Manager and Project Specialist to review operational knowledge and be prepared to discuss key learnings from field visits, specifically centered around safety.
- Once deemed appropriate by Construction Manager, fill in for CCI's when necessary.
- Meet with Construction Manager and Project Specialist monthly to discuss progress towards fulfilling all of these responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree and One year of relevant work experience including co-op, internship or research
Relevant Work Experience
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products Required and
- One year relevant work experience (including co-op, internship or research) Required and
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must stand to use operate office equipment for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be willing and able to travel within Company service territory and supplier locations, some of which may require overnight travel
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.