Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Conduct investigations of employment discrimination complaints and allegations to include
- Conduct EEO fact finding interviews, assessing credibility, analysis of documentary evidence and comparative analysis to reach logical conclusion
- Prepare clear and comprehensive written reports of investigative findings
- Counsel, and recommend solutions to internal and external complaints of discrimination, harassment, or other violations of the Company's EEO related policies
- Participate in conferences, mediations, and hearings with governmental agencies, or internal arbitration hearings, as required
- Research and keep up-to-date on current and pending EEO/AA laws and regulations.
- Use subject matter expertise to provide leadership, expert consultation and deliver targeted training and awareness presentations to address specific EEO or diversity and inclusion concerns. Includes topics such as EEO/diversity/inclusion awareness, sexual harassment, and EEO compliance.
- Provide advice and counsel to Human Resources partners, and company employees on EEO related policies, procedures, and issues.
- Lead/manage key projects and initiatives to advance equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Review policies, procedures and processes that may serve as barriers to workplace equity and inclusion
- Provide recommendations to strengthen key equity and D&I deliverables across the workforce, workplace and marketplace to eliminate discrimination, harassment and retaliation
- Engage with both management and union employees at all levels, representatives from government agencies, and other stakeholders in contact with the office.
- Demonstrate discretion, managerial courage, tact and diplomacy in communicating difficult and sensitive messages.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Labor and Employment Law, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Management or a related field
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in EEO within a corporate environment Required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in conducting investigations of employment discrimination complaints and allegations to include EEO fact finding interviews, assessing credibility, analysis of documentary evidence and comparative analysis to reach logical conclusion Required
- In depth knowledge of current Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) laws and regulations and experience providing advice and counsel on EEO best practices to employees at all levels Required
- Subject matter expertise in the EEO investigative complaint handling process and case management- skilled investigative techniques, credibility assessment Required
- Ability to effectively manage EEO case load and ensure timely resolution with a focus on the overall customer experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise EEO investigative reports. Strong ability to clearly articulate findings to a variety of stakeholders Required
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and written communication skills Required
- Strong hands-on experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications Required
- Strong analytical ability with a keen attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to employ critical thinking, problem solving and strong decision-making skills Required
- Demonstrated high energy level, flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments while working under aggressive timelines Required
- Strong organizational, administrative, decision making and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and a solid teamwork orientation Required
- Ability to lead and manage projects as assigned Required
- Consulting and influencing skills that demonstrate credibility and garner trust Required
- Demonstrated professional demeanor, confidence dealing with all levels of management/ union personnel and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential information Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel, as required
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.