Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Enhance the implementation of the customer relationship management system that manages and tracks customer activity, steam sales leads, opportunities proposals/offers, and steam sales agreements for new and existing customers.
- Manage and develop the steam customer database from which the Steam Business Development Group (SBD) extracts the information and reports necessary to direct sales and develop value propositions for the section.
- Support the development of steam sales goals, forecasts, and plans in conjunction with the Section Manager.
- Support steam operations during steam/company system emergencies.
- Support the development of sales and marketing materials, proposals/offers and presentations for various business sectors including prospective steam customers, building owners/property managers and consulting engineers.
- Performs functions involved with bringing on new steam customers including opening and maintaining steam customer files, obtaining steam load letters from consulting engineers, calculating Pure Base Revenue (PBR) estimates, issuing Service Information Requests (SIRs), obtaining signed applications, deposits and rider payments from customers.
- Perform monthly reporting of SBD activity including monthly new project turn-on goals and Steam A/C & SC-5 discount billing.
- Monitor and report the status of new and existing steam customer projects through communication with the Steam Engineering and Construction Groups.
- Prepare materials for monthly or periodic meetings as requested by Upper Management.
- Prepare quarterly Steam condensate invoices.
- Arrange and assist with events and functions including the scheduling of meetings with customers, the arrangements of luncheons, dinners, and other affairs with internal/external customers, and the preparation of customer correspondence in coordination with the Steam Communications Manager and staff.
- Works to support the Steam Communications Manager in marketing as well as both internal and external customer communication campaigns.
- Perform account management functions and schedule and attend monthly stakeholder meetings.
- Develop steam customer proposals to qualified steam prospects that are located within our service footprint.
- Perform additional new tasks and responsibilities to support the departments goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years related work experience. or
- Associate's Degree and 4 years' related work experience. or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years' related work experience.
- Bachelor's Degree In Communications, Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration, Energy management, Environmental management, Architecture, or Urban Planning and 2 years related work experience.
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience with MS Excel and Access or equivalent required. Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Required
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel & customers on all levels. Required
- Knowledge of concepts, technical terms, and terminology of building energy systems, central utility systems or district steam systems equipment. Preferred
- Additional skills with Project Management Software, Database Management Software, and Document and Graphics Software (Power Point, Adobe, Word, Visio) beneficial. Preferred
- Previous CRM experience a plus Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.