Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Must become proficient in the use of work related computer programs, systems and equipment, including Maximo.
- Perform general maintenance of buildings.
- Operates minor hand and power tools and performs general maintenance.
- Performs basic lighting and wiring tasks.
- Performs snow/ice removal with manual and powered snow/ice removal equipment and performs general maintenance.
- Performs basic plumbing and pipe fitting tasks.
- Performs basic carpentry tasks.
- Performs basic troubleshooting on heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- General understanding of the basics of electrical, plumbing/mechanical diagrams, blueprints, maps, and schematics.
- Performs basic PC based functions to access, retrieve, enter, and or verify job related information.
- Candidate engages in tasks supporting the operation and maintenance of company facilities including but not limited to, warehouses, garages, office spaces, production environments, and associated outdoor spaces.
- Candidate works constructively and collaboratively in a team environment, supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
- Candidate executes work in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with the organizations drive for operational excellence.
Relevant Work Experience
- 2 years Experience in building trades and ability to read schematics and engineering prints. Required and
- 2 years Experience using electronic work management platforms such as Maximo for time entry and updates to work orders. Preferred
Skills & Ability
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Strong mechanical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: S-12 Citywide Sprinkler Certificate of Fitness 180 Days Preferred and
- Other: F-01 Citywide Fireguard for Impairment 180 Days Preferred and
- Other: S-95 Citywide Supervision of Fire Alarm 180 Days Preferred and
- Other: C-92 Supervision of Flammable Combustible Liquids 180 Days Preferred and
- Other: C-60 Fireguard Torch Operations 180 Days Preferred and
- Other: G-60 Torch Use for Flammable Gas 180 Days Preferred and
- Other: EPA Universal Technician Certificate 1 Year Preferred and
- Other: A-35 Citywide Supervision of Air Compressors 1 Year Preferred
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.