Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Investigate claims and lawsuits involving the Company; locate and interview witnesses; gather Company and external records; work with outside experts and operating personnel to determine causes of incidents; visit incident sites; take photographs to document observations and site conditions; prepare witnesses for depositions and trial; assess Company liability; and assist in formulating a defense and/or in resolving the matter in a fair and equitable manner.
- Review medical reports and hospital records; assist in selection of appropriate medical specialists to evaluate alleged injuries; and work with the attorney and paralegal to prepare medical testimony for trial.
- Review and gather information necessary to respond to discovery orders, motions and interrogatories; and assist in the preparation of defense discovery requests.
- Assist the attorney in trial preparation and at trial.
- Participate in case review and strategy sessions; make recommendations concerning ongoing investigations; and assists in evaluating cases.
- Manage a caseload of serious, high-exposure matters.
- Assist in the response to incidents and system emergencies.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree and minimum of 4 years relevant work experience required
- Bachelor's Degree minimum of 2 years relevant work experience preferred
Relevant Work Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Required
- Two to four years relevant experience investigating claims, lawsuits and/or incidents. Preferred
- Working knowledge of gas, electric, steam and construction utility operations. Preferred
- Field experience in gas, electric and/or steam operations. Preferred
- Experience with utility software applications. Preferred
- Bilingual skills Preferred
- Insurance industry investigation experience (Casualty, SIU, etc) Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed. This could involve Company or personal vehicle, or public transportation.
- Must be able to be respirator fit qualified.
- Flexible work arrangements subject to operational needs are available.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.