Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Prepare analyses in the Con Edison gas rates section of Rate Engineering that support revenue allocation and rate design studies that form the basis for the Company's gas rates and services to meet the Company's required revenue levels and recognize the cost-of-service indications, competitive conditions, and customer impacts. Develop gas rates. Research other utilities rates and tariffs.
- Prepare, with minimal supervision, monthly rates, and monthly rate adjustments applicable to the Company's gas rates and services, forecast of gas charges and the resulting impacts on customers bills, and periodic reconciliations of cost recovery mechanisms.
- Conduct peer reviews of the work of others as required.
- Interpret regulatory commission orders and determine their impact on the gas tariff. Prepare necessary tariff language, rate revisions, and supporting documentation and/or work papers in response to commission orders.
- Prepare filing letters and accompanying language to cover revisions to the gas tariff.
- Prepare testimony, exhibits and work papers for use in regulatory proceedings. As may be required, testify as, or provide support for a subject matter expert in regulatory proceedings.
- Interact, communicate and exchange information with personnel from other Company Departments and from other utilities in the conduct of job responsibilities.
- Represent the Company at meetings with regulatory agencies and other outside organizations with regard to the Company's rates and tariffs.
- Interpret and answer inquiries, both internal and external, concerning provisions of the Company's gas tariff and pricing structures.
- Understand and run the various IT systems that are used to support the computation of the Company's rates and bill impact analyses. Work with stakeholders on the design and modification of such systems, when necessary.
- Present at meetings both internal (to all levels of employees) and external to the Company.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and accurate records, practice good housekeeping, follow Company safety procedures, and safeguard computers, digital files, reports and work papers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, or Related Disciplines and Four years of relevant work experience including experience performing technical studies or analyses.
- Use of Company mainframe, billing, usage, and financial systems
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills with a minimum of four years performing technical studies or analyses. Required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers (both internal and external to the Company), support staff, various levels of management, and regulatory agencies. Required
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Required
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines on deliverables requiring a high degree of accuracy. Required
- Must be able to work harmoniously with all department and Company personnel. Required
- Experience with preparing and filing rate cases. Preferred
- Experience with Company mainframe systems and financial systems. Preferred
- Experience with the Customer Usage System (CUS). Preferred
- Experience with MS Access, SQL and SAS. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Must be able and willing to travel to as needed. Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.