Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Systems Manager is responsible for directing and leading a team to successfully develop and implement business solutions that give the optimum business value to the business organizations supported. Leads planning of application roadmaps with respects to upgrades, vendor product lifecycles, functional enhancements; adherence to policies and compliance surrounding application security, cyber security, personal identification information, disaster recovery, Sarbanes Oxley, Corporate Risk Management, EH&S and software maintenance contracts. Uses development methodologies that allow quick responses to the changing needs of the customers. Provides thought leadership in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company. Manages and collaborates with multiple vendors and service providers, works with employees across IT and business areas, directs a dedicated project team, and engages with project sponsors. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships built on transparency and trust.
- Manages a portfolio of IT projects including but not limited to resources, scope, budget (costs), schedule & overall project plans and promotes the use of architects in significant IT projects.
- Works with the business to strategically align IT projects and initiatives with the business area goals.
- Builds and leads a high-performing inclusive/collaborative team IT team of architects, business analysts, developers, and testers in new system development initiatives, vendor system integrations and implementations, and on-going technical support. Aligns with technology partners in IT Operations including infrastructure, IT Planning including network planning and cybersecurity, Office of the CIO including enterprise analytics, IT architecture, data management.
- Leads and manages team in the development of new/enhanced IT products from project initiation through user acceptance and implementation including planning, requirements gathering, business analysis, design, development (coding, configuration, customization), testing, training, and implementation. IT products include new custom applications, major enhancements to existing systems or vendor packaged applications, any of which may affect multiple departments and integrating with multiple systems. Transitions team project responsibilities to a long-term support structure after project implementation.
- Monitors all aspects of the project life-cycle including the business analysis and legacy data conversion phases of a project to ensure strategic business and IT's project management, functional, compliance, and cost management goals and KPIs are met. Life-cycles may be traditional Waterfall/System Development Lifecycle, Agile or other approved methodologies.
- Manages change: implementation of new ideas, emerging or changing business needs, and scope or priority changes.
- Develops effective business relationships and manages and maintains open and effective communications with all stakeholders.
- Identifies, evaluates and develops roadmaps for all applications, technologies and infrastructure, including vendor and internally developed applications.
- Provides direction on all issues requiring coordination with all internal IT groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure that issues are addressed. Directs team members as required for resolution.
- Develops staff; researches/provides recommendation on technical training, evaluates/provides feedback for skill development of senior technical staff.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree and Minimum 8 years experience designing, developing, implementing and operating technologies in one or more IT domains, e.g. applications, data, solution, infrastructure, process change management. or
- Master's Degree and Minimum 6 years experience designing, developing, implementing and operating technologies in one or more IT domains, e.g. applications, data, solution, infrastructure, process change management.
- Bachelor's Degree Majors preferred in IT, computer science, business administration, engineering or decision sciences including mathematics, analytics, quantitative methods.
Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 8 years (6 with Masters/MBA) experience designing, developing, implementing and operating technologies in one or more IT domains, e.g. applications, data, solution, infrastructure, process change management. Required
- Three to five (3-5) years leadership or managerial experience. Required
- Ability to motivate, challenge and develop technical staff. Required
- Excellent oral and written communication. Must be able to easily engage stakeholders and maintain open communications. Required
- Must be able to interact with senior leadership, external stakeholders and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Required
- Ability to direct multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Required
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans, priorities, and estimate. Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Training and/or certification in Project Management is a plus. Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.