Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure the implementation of Company safety, health and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles, and adherence to the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Diversity and Inclusion, discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison, we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all stakeholders.
- Support the organization by providing administrative support for invoicing, payments and other data centered areas of the business while working with the Construction Manager and Senior Construction Specialist to improve these processes.
- Perform routine field visits with an experienced CCI or Senior Construction Specialist to develop a working knowledge of the operations performed in CMG & conduct a JSSE for each location with improvement opportunities.
- After the first six months in the EP role, meet with Construction Manager and Senior Construction Specialist to review operational knowledge and be prepared to discuss key learnings from field visits, specifically centered around safety.
- Meet with Construction Manager and Senior Construction Specialist monthly to discuss progress towards fulfilling all of these responsibilities.
- Respond to company-wide events, such as storm emergencies, heat alerts, system outages, feeder patrols, etc.
- Respond to contractor damages and prepare damage investigation reports as directed.
- Ensure all contractor performance for CE contractors is reported through the contractor oversight system (COS) and report all contractor incidents through Infraction Reports and Action Lines. Ensure close out in compliance with the corrective action plan.
- Responsible for requesting documentation from the Company's contractors required to support Unit Price Contract payments.
- Ensures all required documents, paperwork, photographs, etc. are contained compliance in a contract payment folders before submittal to CCI for the Chief Construction Inspector's review.
- Monitors, maintains and secures payment folders from initial submittal by Inspectors/CRs through final payment and filing.
- May perform other related assignments as required to support departmental needs.
- Once deemed appropriate by Construction Manager, fill in for CCI's when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering OR Computer Science and One year of relevant work experience including co-op, internship or research
Relevant Work Experience
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office products Required
- One year relevant work experience (including co-op, internship or research) Required
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Ability to work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Stand, walk, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach for the duration of the workday
- Use personal vehicle(s), and be able to transport, store, and secure company laptops and other job-related equipment in vehicle. Acknowledge that reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse and computer for entire shift.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.