Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Con Edison, a multibillion-dollar energy utility, is leading the clean energy transition in New York City and Westchester County. We are investing hundreds of millions of dollars annually to integrate distributed resources into our electric and gas systems, support electric vehicle charging infrastructure, and scale adoption of energy efficiency and clean heating technologies across our customers.
- Build your clean energy career on one of the largest electric vehicle teams in the country! This is a great role to demonstrate your ability to drive results, apply cross-disciplinary skills to the clean energy space, collaborate closely with diverse teams, meaningfully support customers, and gain firsthand experience with the clean energy transition and the EV charging market.
- Responsible for all E-Mobility FMA activities, including leading a team of managers/senior analysts/analysts that develop/execute FMA comprehensive financial management activities.
- Responsible for leading development of the overall strategy, direction and guidance of the Financial Management and Analysis (FMA) section
- Develop and implement systems for analyzing, monitoring, verifying, forecasting and reporting on financial information.
- Lead development, implementation, and evaluation of the department's financial strategy and provide recommendations to support business strategy
- Develop, communicate and share the annual and five-year budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Communicate financial status through dashboards and/or presentations on regular cadence on various financial reporting, both internal and external.
- Lead the close collaboration with key E-Mobility program and other company stakeholders to oversee the development and implementation of financial controls, processes and procedures.
- Lead the management of invoice and customer incentive payment processes and ensure program team allocations for invoice payments are accurate and complete.
- Lead E-mobility team responses to internal/external audit inquiries timely.
- Lead tracking and reporting of utility performance incentives, Earnings Adjustment Mechanism (EAM), and Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Project manage and oversee financial aspects of other department and organizational initiatives such as rate case filings.
- May support FMA activities in other related clean energy departments as needed.
- Support of other related work, such as: auditing of E-Mobility programs (point of contact for all audit related items, such as: Financial Integrity Group (FIG), Internal Audit (IA), external auditor requests, etc.); Project manage Contractor Oversight, device audits, etc.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics major or related field and 8 years of work experience with 3 years relevant work experience including in finance, accounting, economics, or other relevant industry.
- Master's Degree MBA or Masters of Finance, Accounting, economics or related field and 6 years of work experience with 2 years relevant work experience including in finance, accounting, economics, or other relevant industry.
Relevant Work Experience
- Related experience in accounting, financial planning, budgeting, analysis forecasting, and business operations experience. Required
- Ability to work effectively with ambiguity and comfortable leading and working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Required
- Knowledge of finance and accounting concepts and ability to explain concepts to non-financial professionals. Required
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to drive results. Required
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to see the big picture and attention to details. Required
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation communication skills. Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including advanced Excel skills. Required
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate with all employee and executive management levels. Required
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to perform independent research. Required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize data into business insights and effectively communicate the information in oral and written deliverables Required
- Experience with financial analysis. Required
- Experience in developing internal controls and managing processes. Preferred
- Demonstrated experience evaluating department's financial strategy and provide recommendations to support business strategy. Preferred
- Ability to scale a strong financial team with strong execution track record. Preferred
- Experience presenting recommendations to senior executives. Preferred
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion, Oracle EBS and Oracle Business Intelligence a plus. Preferred
- Familiarity with utility financials a plus. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.