Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Produce SQL and business intelligence reports by querying data repositories.
- Partner with Data Analysts to identify technical requirements for implementing the database schema and business logic.
- Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources; and analyze information and develop logic to address technical and logistical issues and problems. Create complex, high performance stored procedures, views and indexes using Database to populate report contents.
- Coordinate with other report developers to design ad-hoc reports and dashboards to support management decisions across various departments.
- Generate standard and custom reports summarizing business data for review by managers and customers. Support cross testing with the team and QA testing of the packages and debugging any issues found during the testing process.
- Test report functions to ensure data is accurate as per the business requirements and if there are any changes in underlying data.
- Use visualization tools and programs like Tableau, R Shiny, Power BI, Oracle OAC, SQL, Access, and Excel to architect data and build data models at scale to support different business logistics needs.
- Design and implement large-scale data solutions operating in production environments on-site or on Cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or a related quantitative field. and 3 years of experience in position offered or related position in an
- analytical field.
Relevant Work Experience
- Must have 3 years of experience with: Using visualization tools including Tableau, R Shiny, Power BI, and Python. Required
- Experience in architecting data and building data models at scale to support different business consumption needs. Required
- Experience in designing, implementing large scale data solutions operating on premise or on Cloud. Required
- Proficient in SQL, Access, and Excel. Required
- Experience working with Data Analysts in identifying the requirements for implementing database schemas and business logic. Required
- Familiar with creating complex, high performance data queries, views and indexes used to populate report contents. Required
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.