Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- At Con Edison we have and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Follow and enforce the Department's change management process related to changes to the networks and various electronic systems at the control centers in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements. Ensure the timing of the changes does not jeopardize the availability and reliability of the systems.
- Promote best practices and use of cybersecurity tools and follow procedures and guidelines to ensure complete compliance with the regulatory requirements, including NERC CIP and FERC Standards of Conduct requirements.
- Take a Lead in the design, development and implementation, and support of cybersecurity applications and tools
- Develop Cybersecurity monitoring for the use of Cybersecurity Operations Center.
- Work with other teams to ensure cybersecurity is built into any implementation of a new technology, application or system.
- Participate in the planning for the future of the networks & computer systems and keep abreast of the latest threats and vulnerabilities.
- Help to identify weaknesses that could lead to exploitable vulnerabilities
- Write procedures and guidance to set standards for cybersecurity monitoring
- Lead cybersecurity incident response efforts by working with others.
- Perform various assignments as directed by the supervisors and managers.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 2 years relevant cybersecurity experience or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 3 years relevant cybersecurity experience or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 5 years relevant cybersecurity experience or
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of 7 years relevant cybersecurity experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience in designing and implementing cybersecurity applications and tools. Required
- Experience with computer languages or scripting, and PowerShell. Required
- Experience with Security Information Event manager solutions such as Splunk. Required
- Experience with Multi Factor Authentication Tools such as RSA. Required
- Experience with Intrusion Prevention and Intrusion Detection Systems. Required
- Experience with Privileged Access Management Tools. Required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Experience with Anti-Virus Solutions such as Trend Micro Deep Security. Preferred
- Experience with firewalls such as Fortigate. Preferred
- Experience with Project Management. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Splunk Enterprise Certified Administrator Preferred
- Other: GIAC Cyber Certifications Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to lift IT equipment (approximately 50lbs).
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.