Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Leads projects of moderate complexity, identifies business opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
- Lead analyst for one or more technology products, subsystems of major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Manage systems integrators, vendors, and contractors, assign tasks, monitor progress, and support training or development needs
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks such as data security, data transfer, and service disruptions associated with application migration projects
- Develop applications. Design documents, deliver subsystems, develop project plans for medium complexity projects, and develop business case including value analysis.
- Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engage with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable products. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on moderate sized projects.
- Work with Supply Chain to evaluate proposals, review technical requirements, and negotiate contracts
- Effectively develop, manage, and strengthen vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives.
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems, or respond to corporate emergencies
- Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coach and technically train new team members.
- Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement.
- Ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business and A minimum of three (2) years relevant experience or
- Bachelor's Degree Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business and A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience or
- Associate's Degree Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business and A minimum of three (5) years relevant experience
Relevant Work Experience
- Experience developing applications and/or databases. Required
- Practical understanding of migration strategies with consideration of value realization, scalability, and optimizing system performance Required
- Led a team, mentored others, and guided team members for professional development and growth Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources Required
- Must have excellent work ethics and integrity Preferred
- Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills Preferred
- Experience as a dedicated participant on a medium to large scale systems development project is a plus Preferred
- 3+ years of experience with at least 2 of the following technologies: Structured Query Language (SQL), such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL, Object-oriented programming, such as Microsoft .NET (VB , C#) or Java
- Developed integration approaches to bridge front-end implementations with legacy systems.
- Applied cybersecurity best practices, data protection, access controls, encryption, and compliance requirements
- Monitored and responded to technical or migration issues, provided application expertise for incident resolution, and conducted root cause analysis
- Demonstrated Project Management skills using various methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail and executing on time and within budget
- Moderate to advanced use of Microsoft Excel, Visio, Project or other Office tools
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to lead/manage others
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP) Preferred
- Other: Certified Kubernetes Administrator Preferred
- Other: Professional Software Developer Certification Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.