Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Will perform entry level assignments in various departments/sections in order to acquire a broad-based knowledge and understanding of Con Edison's structure and operations.
- Bachelor's Degree Must be full-time students enrolled in a four-year college program (with at least upper sophomore status), have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or greater, and be majoring in one of the following IT disciplines: computer science, computer information systems, data mining, data science, information technology, cyber security, or other IT related majors.
Required Work Experience
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be flexible in meeting assignments.
- Must be a self-starter, with a high level of integrity, initiative, resourcefulness, and creativity.
- Excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and a high energy level are required.
- Proficiency with a variety of software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is also required.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.