Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Partner with the business to discover, structure, document, and review business process requirements, business workflow, and enhancements for purposes of managing and maintaining systems and processes.
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications for business requirements and technical requirements of the DMTS.
- Ensure that requirements map to real business needs and play a key role in gaining approval by all relevant stakeholders.
- Deliver and review documentation related to solution design, including data validations, program rules, workflow rules, or other detailed deliverables.
- Organize and prioritize user change requests and enhancement needs based on the level of effort and importance.
- Develop test plans and test scripts. Execute test scripts when developed by others.
- Engage with DMTS system admins, the application vendors, and key stakeholders to review the solution design deliverables and test plans.
- Manage requirement changes to ensure that everyone is working from up-to-date documentation.
- Assist with data management, reporting, mapping, and the import/export of transaction files from a variety of external vendors who operate some of the EEDM programs.
- Support the first rounds of auditing, troubleshooting, and resolution of data integrity/quality issues for new programs.
- Perform various project and team functions; assist in the development and management of project plans including scheduling, assigning, and tracking tasks.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or related field And PMP Certification. Salesforce certification.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of business analyst work experience. Required
- Project management and/or Salesforce project implementation experience. Required
- Ability to quickly master subject matter content, including technical material related to utilities, energy efficiency, and demand management in order to communicate business needs to the technology teams effectively. Required
- Strong oral, writing, and presentation communication skills and a solid ability to manage meetings. Required
- Self-sufficient person who can work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams. Required
- Demonstrated experience in working with business partners to discover and document business process requirements, business workflow, and enhancements for purposes of managing and maintaining systems and processes. Required
- Hands on experience with a variety of methods to glean business requirements including some of the following: brainstorming, document analysis, interface analysis, interviewing, prototyping, requirements workshops, reverse engineering and surveys. Required
- Direct experience auditing, troubleshooting, and resolving data integrity/quality issues. Required
- Experience in developing and managing test plans for software testing and executing test scripts (Unit, Functional, UAT, and Regression). Required
- Preferred 5+ years of business analyst work experience. Preferred
- Knowledge of and work experience with energy efficiency and demand side management initiatives. Preferred
- Experience working in a fast paced, changing environment. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing to travel inside and outside the Company service territory as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.