Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Department Manager oversees a team of technical staff to provide enterprise architecture solutions and technology selection for the Company. Manages and plans the strategy and roadmap for specific technology discipline. Manages and plans capital investment and operating expenses for the group. Provides thought leadership in a wide range of technology initiatives to support the business priorities of the company. Establishes enterprise architecture for state of the art technology solutions. Ensures integration within and between IT domains by assessing solution options and guiding the development of business solutions through technology solutions. Establishes and/or collaborates on technical standards, development, integration and maintenance.
- Drives the development of architectures around technology domains (e.g. application, data, advanced technologies, Software As A Service, Operating Systems, Mobility, etc) &/or business process architectures. Architectures include conceptual or actual/physical representations or models.
- Monitors the IT & business industry as well as best practices; develops strategies for implementation. Communicates & influences strategic direction & can represent IT at senior executive level
- Manages and plans the strategy for specific roadmap and discipline.
- Manages and plans capital investment and operating expenses for the group.
- Identifies, evaluates and develops roadmaps for the integration of business processes, applications, technologies and infrastructure, including vendor & internally developed applications.
- Manage projects including but not limited to resources, scope, budget (costs), schedule & overall project plans.
- Collaborates with peers; researches, establishes and updates technical standards; manages application development lifecycle and methodologies, provides oversight on processes and other governance responsibilities.
- Provides guidance &/or conducts architectural, configuration, solution & quality reviews. Takes the lead on issues requiring coordination with all internal IT groups and other organizations, including vendors to ensure that issues are addressed. Directs team members as required for resolution.
- Develops staff; researches/provides recommendation on technical training, evaluates/provides feedback for skill development of junior technical staff
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And Minimum of 8 years experience designing, developing, implementing network and communications solutions. Or
- Master's Degree And Minimum of 6 years experience designing, developing, implementing network and communications solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred.
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or business-related discipline preferred
- Training and/or certification in one or more domains desired, e.g. application architecture, data architecture, IT Infrastructure, business/process architecture or redesign.
Required Work Experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years supervisory / managerial experience required. Required
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles. Required
- Experience with implementing or integrating commercially available infrastructure components. Required
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard implementations. Required
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible, e.g. service oriented architectures. Required
- Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Required
- Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines. Required
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements. Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies. Required
- Thorough understanding of network protocols and standards. Preferred
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices, e.g. Big Data/Analytics, Cloud (SaaS, IaaS,PaaS), mobile, sensors (Internet of Things). Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Effective leadership skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective negotiation skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.