Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE) team is responsible for providing advanced analytics and decision support solutions. The Data Solutions Specialist is responsible for applying innovative analytical and research approaches to help Con Edison tackle complex and strategically important problems. This responsibility is enterprise-wide and includes supporting Con Edison's information governance framework, defining and guiding our advanced analytics capabilities, policy, best practices, and compliance surrounding data access and security. Sample responsibilities will include: working extensively with key stakeholders across business analytics teams to understand business needs, vetting opportunities, and deliver analytically-based recommendations to drive action; partnering with other IT functional areas to deploy and operationalize key algorithms; stakeholders, and executives; establishing architectural designs in the data domain; ensuring integration within and between IT domains by assessing solution options; guiding development of business solutions through innovative technology solutions; establishing and/or collaborating on technical standards, development, integration and maintenance; and providing operational support for Company IT infrastructure systems as needed.
- Commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Work as a member of the analytics staff within the Analytics Center of Excellence. Foster a working environment that generates team building, creative thinking, and skills development. Promote analytics talent across the enterprise.
- Engage with leaders, project sponsors, and stakeholders to understand their needs. Identify and educate on where and how analytics can provide the best insights and add the most value.
- Execute projects to provide insight into business needs and behavior; engage in analytic design to ensure relevant findings. Ensure application of quality controls throughout projects
- Drive creative and innovative analytic applications and results. Keep abreast of industry, market, and company trends. Partner with business leaders to champion the adoption of new data analytic approaches, techniques, and capabilities. Work with teams on analytics efforts across the company
- Work with business partners on the interpretation, implications, and use of analytic results. Prepare and deliver presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, actionable solutions for business users to implement.
- Build deep expertise in Con Edison and external data. Consult on this knowledge and apply it to complex analytic projects. Work with IT teams and business partners to identify gaps in data and analytic tools gaps and recommend corrective action
- Partner with other IT functional areas to deploy and operationalize key algorithms
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and increased team effectiveness; lead initiatives to achieve improvement
- Support, inform, and enhance Con Edison's information governance framework. Work with ACE leadership to define our advanced analytics capabilities, policies, and best practices; evangelize analytics and communicate these best practices across the enterprise
- Implement code into production for operational use beyond analysis purposes perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Coordinate with data and analytic business support teams across the company and technical architecture groups to plan, manage and assess business and technical needs
- Plan and evaluate new technologies to provide technical solutions for business requirements
- Plan and establish software standards to support critical enterprise analytic needs
- Establish architectural designs and solutions in the data domain (for example, data integration architecture patterns and toolsets). Architectures include conceptual and physical representations or models
- Prepare detailed integration and architectural diagrams to ensure safety and reduce unplanned outages
- Develop Request For Proposal (RFP) specifications, perform technical evaluations, and make recommendations
- Serve as project manager for small-scale vendor installation of technology components
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required
- Master's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience; Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience; Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 9 years work experience in relevant field required
- Master's Degree preferably in Analytical or Information Technology data-centric field with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Analytical or Information Technology data-centric field
Required Work Experience
- Proficiency with exploring and querying databases including the SQL coding language Required
- Experience working with teams supporting analytics projects Required
- Experience integrating disparate data sources (including internal and external data) using data transformation technologies, e.g., SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and related cloud services Required
- Must have a solid understanding of architectural concepts and practices leading to solutions that are reliable, maintainable, reusable, scalable and extensible, e.g., data integration architectures experience developing applications and/or databases. Required
- Must be conversant in emerging technologies and practices, e.g., cloud computing components and services in Azure and/or AWS or other cloud providers Required
- Experience in evaluating technology and establishing standard designs Required
- Ability to present complex analysis to audiences of varying technical backgrounds Required
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects, including project tracking and documentation Required
- Excellent oral and written communication. Must be comfortable and skilled at selling new processes and techniques. Must be able to communicate designs and give persuasive presentations. Must be able to interact with all levels of management and communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience Required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while meeting deadlines Required
- Ability to establish medium and long-term plans and priorities and estimate investment requirements Required
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Required
- Must be flexible and able to work off-hours as required to support deployments, resolve production problems or respond to corporate emergencies Required
- Experience with database storage technologies supporting semi-structured data (e.g., JSON) and unstructured data (e.g., documents) Pref
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Ability to inspire and develop staff
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.