Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. Specialist will foster a customer-focused commitment within the Company. Ensure that a two-way communication process is maintained between the Company, our customers and our employees. Promote activities and programs which enhance customer communications, satisfaction and experience. Direct Customer Outreach Advocates in their role of enhancing and maintaining a high level of customer service, heightening the understanding of Con Edison's programs and services through comprehensive education and communication efforts.
- Coordinate planning, scheduling, and implementation of education efforts consistent with the goals of Customer Outreach;
- Develop communications, informational material, presentations and programs to educate customers about Company services and programs;
- Develop communications, training, and presentations to educate and inform Company employees
- Participate in community events, conferences, and meetings to provide customer educational programs and informational material and assistance to customers and the public;
- Interact with customers, community leaders, service providers, organizations, agencies, and other customer/community groups and representative individuals to provide information on Con Edison programs and services to customers;
- Serve as a Company liaison to the local community, providers of services in the special services/human needs areas, organizations and agencies, and other critical stakeholders and enhances external relationships;
- Through interactions in the community and acting as a facilitator at community events, gather customer insights and develop reports. Acts as facilitator at community events to gather customer insights and provide feedback to the Outreach team that can be used to develop programs and outreach efforts to meet customer needs;
- Serve as emergency responder and participates in all aspects of Outreach responsibilities during emergencies including: staffing of the Customer Information Van; providing customers with assistance including information on service restoration and submission of claims; and reporting information to the emergency response command center. Assists in preparation of emergency preparedness information;
- Coordinate with Corporate Affairs and Media Relations to prepare educational and informational material for customers and press releases;
- Collaborate with Regional Affairs, Energy Efficiency and community organizations to plan, schedule and staff events;
- Develop and coordinate special events such as conferences, discussion groups, and community meetings. Assist in the development of survey tools to measure the impact of events;
- Coordinate and attend programs/meetings during off-hours, as required, to accomplish the Outreach mission;
- Assists, counsels and coaches Customer Outreach Advocates on their various responsibilities;
- May perform other related assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And 6 years of work experience Or
- Associate's Degree And 8 years of work experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 10 years of related work experience
Required Work Experience
- A minimum of five years of experience working in or with community relations, communications, not for profit management, government or a related field. Required
- Experience in building positive relationships with key organizations and constituents. Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse customer stakeholder groups and internal departments. Required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to speak formally and informally to external and internal audiences. Required
- Ability to create educational/informational programs from concept, program design, project planning, management and execution, working alone or in teams and present to external and internal audiences. Required
- Ability to learn and create new programs and champion and initiate change on behalf of the customer. Required
- Flexibility to handle multiple assignments sometimes off hours with changing priorities. Required
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and scheduling ability. Required
- Ability to work with government agencies, community leaders, service providers, special constituencies. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs. Required
- Must be willing and able to travel within Company service territory as needed. Required
- Bilingual in Spanish, Chinese or Korean. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.