Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior System Analyst is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining data integrations from source systems to the enterprise analytics platform. The Senior System Analyst will initiate the efforts, lead internal IT and work with cross-functional teams as required, engage vendors and company stakeholders, and monitor and control all project activity throughout the project life-cycle. Additional responsibilities may include working on all aspects of new analytics project development as well as vendor systems implementations: Planning, Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Training, Implementation, and on-ongoing Technical Support. This individual will work on the on-going enhancement and technical support of the existing IT application portfolio in the Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE), such as EDAP. This position is also responsible for the day-to-day IT administrative tasks, problem solving, and issue resolution.
- Support the Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP)
- Integrates data sources from source systems to analytics platform
- Performs data analysis
- Gather and interpret requirements and user acceptance requirements for technical implementation
- Effectively develop business relationships, managing, and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders.
- Work in a collaborative environment, interfacing and developing relationships with groups from all areas of the company - business representatives, IT supporting teams, as well as vendor/contractor team members - in order to perform thorough requirements analyses and deliver solutions that benefit the entire organization.
- Work on all phases of new projects from inception through user acceptance and implementation: planning, requirements gathering, business analysis, design, development (coding, configuration, customization), testing, training, and implementation of new systems and/or major enhancements to existing systems, both in-house developed and vendor packaged applications that may affect multiple department/multiple systems.
- Maintain and support the applications that are used to support Con Edison's organizations. These responsibilities involve working on minor enhancements, bug fixes, production issues, and software configurations.
- Lead IT team and work with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals.
- Manage business/client expectations and presents solution options to business requests/problems.
- Routinely resolve issues and problem solves.
- Manage client expectations: troubleshoots and resolves client issues.
- Support production software operations during normal business and off-hours.
- Lead or contribute to team discussions.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills.
- Perform group/department's administrative tasks as required.
- Maintain knowledge of new technologies, programming languages, databases, business applications and products, and provide expertise where appropriate.
- Available to work off hours as operationally required. May need to work in other company locations, as required.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience Or
- Associate's Degree And with a minimum of four (4) years relevant experience Or
- High School Diploma/GED And a minimum of 5 years work experience in relevant field
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, Business, or applicable degree
- Associate's Degree with Technical Certification in IT technologies
Required Work Experience
- Structured Query Language (SQL), such as Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft T-SQL Required
- Data analysis experience Required
- Object-oriented programming, such as Microsoft .NET (VB , C#) or Java Required
- Knowledgeable in structured (Data Warehousing, RDBMs) and unstructured (NO-SQL, Hadoop) tools and best practices
- Experience developing applications and/or databases.
- Must have an excellent work ethic.
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources.
- Flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget.
- Formal project management, business analysis, and data analysis skills highly preferred.
- Able to manage, administer, and work in Agile technology delivery frameworks
- Ancillary knowledge of data science; especially in a project delivery context
- Experience in creating Data Pipelines using SSIS, ODI, or Azure Data FactoryExperience in PythonExperience in DataBricks
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Available to work off hours as operationally required.
- May need to work in other company locations, as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.