Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for high tension and distributed generation interconnections, system analysis, design, standards, and engineering computer applications.
- Engineers in the HT & DG Group are responsible for providing a wide range of services including generator interconnection services, developing standards, analytics, program optimization, developing and onboarding new equipment, and system impact studies of the electric distribution system to support internal and external customers.
- Engineers will provide solutions, technical expertise, guidance, and coordinate company forces support the design, upgrade, and maintenance of the Con Edison Distribution system.
- Engineers will interact with all levels of management, customers, vendors, regulatory agencies, etc. as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering And minimum of 2 years relevant work experience,performs system impact analysis, approves customer requests for interconnection in the distribution system, determines reinforcements, protection, and isolation as required, performs specific engineering assignments to support the design and upgrade of distribution systems through analysis and engineering methods,develops standards, prepares, & reviews design and operation specifications,maintain all applicable records, act as field technical representative and direct field testing.
- Associate Engineer A (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering And minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience, demonstrates experience with substation design or SCADA applications Engineer (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical Engineering And minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience,candidate demonstrates experience with applied substation relay protection, including knowledge troubleshooting and programming relays, provide research and recommendations to various departments regarding equipment, operations and implementation options, proven experience performing advanced engineering technical & analytical studies (transient & dynamic, stability, etc.) and simulations for all distribution systems up to and including the area substation.
- Sr. Engineer (2H)
Required Work Experience
- Excellent knowledge in computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Projects), as well as other company software systems Required
- Work experience in the field Preferred
- Work experience conducting engineering projects, design, studies, and/or simulations in power distribution Preferred
- Experience with applied computer language programming Pref
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and 12 hour shifts, as needed
- Must be able to wear required personal protecticve equipment as required, during visits to various work sites.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Position requires walking, climbing, and standing extensively.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.