Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior Specialist on the sales team will help achieve goals in the electric vehicles program by developing, pre-qualifying and closing sales for electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) projects. The Senior Specialist is responsible for developing project financial analysis for all projects where incentives are applicable; conduct sales and other presentations and maintain a database and prepare reports on sales activities. The Senior Specialist builds, maintains and creates new relationships with customers, market partners and other stakeholders; maintains a sales pipeline; keeps informed of industry trends and collaborates with program teams, engineering, market research/analytics and marketing on sales programs.
- Support a program to drive sales for the electric vehicle (EV) program including the development of successful electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) projects.
- Support a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers, EVSE developers, technology providers, and the sales team.
- Build, maintain and create new relationships with customers, EVSE developers, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the EV team, as well as engineering, market research and analytics, and marketing on sales programs.
- Sell EVSE projects including the development and management of the sales cycle from lead generation to closing.
- Support and implement an effective sales strategy, and manage sales presentation and customer commitment documentation.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate performance against goals for sales.
- Help to develop recommendations for sales program improvements.
- Work closely with the Company's Market Research/Analytics and Research and Development teams and other energy related research organizations, such as EPRI and E-Source, to understand EVSE technologies, sales process and tools, and keep informed of industry trends.
- Support Company cooperation with New York Public Service Commission Outreach Marketing and Education Staff, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, and other committees/interest groups pertaining to the sales of programs.
- Represent the Company at industry conferences and meetings with external stakeholders related to the development of EVSE projects.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree 3 years work experience 2 years business development experience
- Master's Degree MBA Preferred 2 years Business development experience in clean technology projects
Required Work Experience
- Proven sales track record from lead generation to closing. Required
- Experience with customer relationship management tools Required
- Strong communication, presentation, sales and writing skills Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project). Required
- Demonstrated agility and flexibility to deal with ambiguity and comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment Required
- Demonstrated success in sales of clean energy products. Preferred
- Demonstrated success in sales of EVSE products. Preferred
- Demonstrated work experience working on a sales team in a fast-paced environment Preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing information, both technical and financial, and making recommendations based on that information. Preferred
- Experience developing materials that enable effective interaction with customers, developers, and all levels of management. Preferred
- Knowledge of utility pricing and tariff structure Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.