Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The nature of this job requires an individual to be familiar with all types of elevator equipment: Otis, Peelle, Thompson and MCE.
- Knowledge of hoist cable replacement is a must.
- Must be able to read electrical schematics, prints, and drawings.
- Candidate must know the theory and workings of AC and DC motors, basic circuits, series circuits, parallel circuits, motors and generators.
- Must be able to use a multi-meter, mega and micrometers to test equipment and circuits. Strong trouble-shooting skills a must.
- Must understand brakes, their adjustment and timing. Must understand bearings, theory and proper lubrication
- Must have or be willing to obtain QEI inspector certification, NYC private elevator inspector license, and NYC asbestos handler's license.
- Will be required to perform standard OSHA inspections and maintenance functions on elevators, cranes and hoists.
- Duties include elevator and crane hoist cable replacement. Knowledge and skill are required in the following areas: use of hand and power tools, rigging, trouble-shooting mechanical and/or electrical equipment, safe work practices, environmental policies and procedures. Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills are required for frequent interaction with internal and external customers.
- The selected candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities, as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- If you accept a job offer in association with this posting, you will be assigned to any of the operating areas of Construction Services (Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx or Westchester
- Ensures Human Performance Improvement (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities
- Creates/Encourages a culture that engrain Zero Accident, Operational Excellence, Effective Cost Management, Diversity and Inclusion, and Enhancing the Customer's Experience.
- Selected candidate must be capable of lifting 45-60 pounds, work in confined spaces and possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and stand extensively, and must be medically approved to wear a respirator and all required protective equipment
- Selected candidates must be able to work a rotating shift and may be required to work overtime and off hour shifts, as needed. Must be comfortable with height.
- Ensures that all work is being performed in effective and efficient manner.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- High School Diploma/GED 2-3 years of relevant experience
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must perform extended driving through heavy traffic and severe off-road conditions
- Must perform heavy manual labor; i.e. pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Must carry tools and materials, climb ladders and scaffolds, and enter confimed spaces
- Must climb ladders and stairs
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must work with and in the vicinity of high voltage and/or other high-energy systems
- Must be clean shaven and approved to wear a 1/2 face or full face respirator
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use hand tools and operate heavy equipment,i.e. jackhammers
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 350 llbs.
- Must work with equipment with manufacturer weight rating of 375 llbs.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.