Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of pending litigation actions; prepare draft pleadings and responses to discovery demands served on or by the Company.
- Handle extensive document production and coordinate the preparation of information in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain case files.
- Coordinate with and advise management personnel providing documents in response to discovery requests.
- Analyze documents and catalog exhibits.
- Perform legal research and cite check briefs.
- Prepare all required legal documents.
- Monitor cases and handle other tasks related to litigation support.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of two years relevant legal experience. Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of four years paralegal or legal experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A Paralegal Certificate or a degree in legal studies and experience in personal injury and/or property damage claims or lawsuits is preferred.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years paralegal or legal assistant experience Required
- Must be able to work well independently or in a team environment. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Must be detail-oriented with good analytical skills and ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Required
- Must have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external contacts professionally with tact and sensitivity. Required
- Must be disciplined and have excellent time management skills. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills as well as exemplary follow-up skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels. Required
- Notary Public license preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.