Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assists in the design, development and implementation of computer applications to provide better utilization of Department resources and more efficient operation of our compliance program.
- Keeps abreast of latest computer security practices and technology (attending conferences, seminars, etc.) so that our compliance program will be kept current and updated as required.
- Use Cyber Security tools and systems to monitor, track and improve the electronic security of critical systems.
- Keep track of all cyber security regulatory standard requirements, measures and compliance reporting changes as related to the department.
- Ensure that all applicable cyber standard requirements are addressed in specific System Operation procedures, practices and/or tools.
- Develop and maintain compliance tracking criteria and records for all applicable cyber security compliance standards.
- Review, comment and prepare for any proposed or revised regulatory cyber standard, Evaluate the impact and effort necessary to comply with each standard and prepare related documentations needed for compliance.
- Work to develop required protocols and procedural revisions to address new and/or revised cyber security standards to ensure continued compliance with such new and/or revised standards.
- Ensure the timely, accurate and well-documented submittal of data to each regulatory agency, as required to address compliance requirements and reviews.
- Ensure that the Human Performance Improvements (HPI) tools are incorporated into daily work activities.
- Assist System Operation in the development of compliance violation Mitigation Plans. Monitor and report on status of Mitigation Plan implementation.
- Conduct evaluations of employee and contractor adherence to policies to ensure compliance with all cyber security standards.
- Develop and maintain training and awareness materials for employees and contractors in accordance with regulatory and departmental requirements to ensure their compliance to applicable standards.
- Must be committed to fostering a Zero Accident Culture, Diversity and Inclusion, Achieving Operational Excellence, developing an Effective Cost Management Culture and Enhancing the Customer's Experience.
- Prepare audit document packages for submittal to the regulatory agencies and participate in on-site, off-site and spot check audits.
- Participate in regulatory meetings, committees and conferences associated with Cyber Asset protection including FERC, NERC, and NPCC.
- Participate in industry forums related to cyber security and compliance such as the NATF committees and sub committees.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, including acting as the backup Facility Security Officer (FSO), as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems with 4 years' experience required. Or
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems, or related field With 2 years experience required
- An education focus in Cyber Security is a plus
Required Work Experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills are essential, and the ability to adhere to schedules and meet deadlines. Required
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and be able to exercise independent judgment. Required
- Experience in writing technical procedures, process documents or specifications required. Required
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Required
- Requires strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel on all levels. Required
- Familiarity with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection Standards, and or Auditing experience preferred. Preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities. Preferred
- Experience with SharePoint and Nintex Workflows is preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.