Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Perform functions necessary to maintain and update the accounting books and records, prepare journal entries, financial reports, and analyses in compliance with applicable accounting, tax and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and/or assist in preparation of various information for reporting, budgets, rate cases, audits and other studies as directed.
- Under the direction of the accounting supervisor, will review work of the group for accuracy and compliance with Company procedures and internal controls.
- Assist the accounting supervisor in the supervision, control, and follow up of other department activities.
- Independently perform research and analyses.
- Perform special projects and other related assignments as needed, for both internal and external contacts.
- Perform other related to tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline And 2 years of full-time work experience
Required Work Experience
- At least 2 years of full-time work experience in Accounting or related field. Required
- Familiarity with Oracle business suite. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data And
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities And
- Friendly and service-oriented And
- Demonstrated analytical skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
- Must have excellent manual dexterity and be able to use hands for entire shift
- Must be able to read small print and symbols.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.