Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under general supervision and guidance of the Manager of the Enterprise Project Management Office(EPMO) - the Technical Associate will be responsible for contributing to the analysis of system problems and the formulation of system changes. Assist with the implementation and administration of EPMO applications.
- Support department goals with analysis of system problems and the formulation of system changes, performing testing and updating documentation.
- Meets with users and makes recommendations for requirements analysis
- Makes recommendations for improving application design and implementation in light of process changes or changes in business or technology environment.
- Assists in the development and updating of scope, design, schedule, and cost and performance information in specified documentation formats.
- Works with vendors to install software packages and/or supports the application environment.
- Performs unit, integration and system testing and sets up user acceptance testing for small to medium sized projects.
- Performs high-level applications testing for technology upgrades.
- Troubleshoots production problems and assists others as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science And One (1) year minimum of work experience may include full-time or internship experience; OR, a minimum of six months work experience if participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships.
Required Work Experience
- One (1) year minimum of work experience may include full-time or internship experience; OR, a minimum of six months work experience if participated in the company's full-time college cooperative or summer cooperative internships. Required
- Must possess strong decision-making and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with various levels of management and external vendors/customers. Required
- SharePoint site development. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.