Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Depending upon group assignment may perform any of the following:
- Perform engineering studies, as required, and long term system and emergency planning.
- Design major gas projects, e.g. gas transmission mains, regulator stations, tunnel projects, etc. Includes cost estimates, directing preparation of drawings, appropriations and economic evaluations of the various designs.
- Develop, prepare and track business plans, goals, master plans, rate case items, budgets, etc.
- Analyze trends and information and make recommendation from own or other programs to determine overall effectiveness and the need to modify, add, or delete programs.
- Issue internal and external material and service requisitions. Review and confirm materials ordered are per department specifications. Forecast gas transmission emergency material.
- Issue Contractor Evaluation Reports. Prepare and revise Company specifications in conformance with PSC, DOT,OSHA, and other laws and regulations.
- Provide interpretation of specifications and codes. Supports R&D projects and industry developments associated with gas construction, distribution and maintenance.
- Provide engineering guidance to field personnel in any area or department and acts as the Company's representative when dealing with external organizations, agencies, etc.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Be part of an emergency on-call rotation and to provide technical support during system emergencies.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 2 years of work experience in engineering, construction or other operations area. Associate Engineer (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 5 years of engineering work experience Engineer (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering And 8 years of engineering work experience Senior Engineer (2H)
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical or Civil Engineering
Required Work Experience
- 1 - 3 years of management experience. Pref And
- Strong project management skills and/or experience. Pref And
- Familiarity with the Incident Command System Pref And
- Knowledge of pipeline welding, non-destructive testing and pipeline metallurgy Pref And
- P.E. License Pref And
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations affecting gas operations Pref And
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills And
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments And
- Strong written and verbal communication skills And
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to travel to various Company work locations within the five boroughs, Westchester, Orange and Rockland Counties. Travel is also required to attend various meetings at non-Company locations.
- Must be able to visit field sites in all types of weather as required and wear the associated PPE.
- Must also be available for emergency work 24/7 as required by system conditions.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.