Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- -The Senior Specialist will provide asset and work management support for Central Operations and other business users. The Senior Specialist, as system administrator, will maintain and/or assist in the maintenance of all applicable asset and work management enterprise software applications by ensuring asset, preventive maintenance, and job plans are updated, accurate, and in compliance with all regulatory, code, and Company requirements. She/he will be responsible for ensuring all applications perform as required and will work with Corporate Information Technology and/or vendors and business users to correct performance issues. The Senior Specialist works closely with application users by responding to requests, processing changes, and providing training. She/he assists Engineering with the development and implementation of maintenance strategies. She/he will perform ad hoc reporting and assist in the maintenance of standardized reports for business users. The Senior Specialist will assist in facilitation of the corrective action program.
- -Administer asset and work management systems to maintain user, asset, maintenance, and other related records.
- -Respond to support requests from business users. Act as intermediary with Information Technology as necessary to resolve issues.
- -Provide continuous effectiveness and reliability evaluations on all strategies and systems implemented as related to equipment and asset maintenance.
- -Continually monitor systems for accuracy of maintenance and equipment catalog information and proper functionality of data collection in appropriate database systems.
- -Perform ad hoc queries and reports for users as needed to support business processes..
- -Ensure that all compliance and maintenance activities in computerized work management and maintenance systems are conducted in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures. Interface with engineers and other stakeholders to achieve this goal.
- -Create work instructions and data sheets to implement preventive maintenance.
- -Assist customer feedback for process improvement.
- -Advocate processes and methods that improve productivity, quality, and efficiency.
- -Perform user acceptance testing when changes are made to systems.
- -Assist facilitation of the corrective action program.
- High School Diploma/GED And 6 years experience in a technical field (Engineering or related) or Operations (Gas, Steam, Electric, etc) Or
- Associate's Degree And 5 years experience in a technical field (Engineering or related) or Operations (Gas, Steam, Electric, etc) Or
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years experience in a technical field (Engineering or related) or Operations (Gas, Steam, Electric, etc) Or
- Master's Degree And 2 years experience in a technical field (Engineering or related) or Operations (Gas, Steam, Electric, etc).
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- - Demonstrated understanding of the maintenance and operation of power generation and/or transmission equipment
- - Knowledge of asset and work management systems
- - Must be well-organized, proficient problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to make sound decisions
- - Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with various groups to coordinate projects
- - Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc)
- - Ability to read drawings to identify equipment Required
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- - Experience with root cause analysis
- - Experience with Maximo, Datasplice, or other work management systems Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- - Must have a valid driver's license
- - Must be willing and able to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
- - Must be willing and able to walk extensively and climb as needed.
- - Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.