Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Ensure implementation of Company safety, health, and environmental programs for employees whose work is directed. Ensure that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and governmental regulations.
- Commitment to the Way We Work Principles and adheres the Company's Standards of Business Conduct and other Company procedures including Environmental, Health and Safety (''EH&S''), Equal Employment Opportunity (''EEO''), discipline, and security.
- At Con Edison we have, and we all need to take special interest in our customers, both within the company and externally. As an employee, you need to commit to these ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders.
- Perform Safety talks, OJT's and ensures implementation of company safety, health, and environmental programs for subordinates.
- Represents the company at meetings with government agencies, utility coordination meetings, private developers, contractors, engineering consultants, etc.
- Assigns work and establishes time frames for ruling on interference projects.
- Evaluate various methods to minimize expenditures and to maintain system integrity.
- Supervise layout preparation, cost estimates, appropriation, and Gas Cost Sharing, Joint Bid, and Section U packages.
- Ensures that direct reports work activities are performed in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Underground and /or Overhead electrical systems, including gas and steam systems.
- Routinely meets with city, state, and other governmental agencies and their engineering consultants to discuss engineering problems.
- Acts as a liaison with other utility agencies.
- Knowledge of electric procedures as they related to feeder scheduling, before and after sketches.
- Plans, organizes, schedules, and assigns work activities to personnel to meet operating needs, customer schedules and departmental goals.
- Responsible for on-going evaluation of employee performance to ensure; adherence to company design specification/guidelines, meets and/or exceeds productivity expectations.
- Performs special projects or assignments as required by Section manager.
- Coordinates with the Public Improvement Construction personnel during pre-engineering and construction stages.
- Associate's Degree Mechanical, Electrical, Civil or Computer Science Technology And 4 Years work experience in engineering, electric, gas, steam or construction.
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Computer Science And a minimum of 2 years experience in engineering, electric, gas, steam or construction
- Bachelor's Degree Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Computer Science And a minimum of 2 years experience in engineering, electric, gas, steam or construction especially in Public Improvement
Required Work Experience
- Work experience and knowledge of the electric, gas and steam distribution system Required
- Strong knowledge of company facilities plates Required
- Computer Literacy with proficiency in Word and Excel Required
- Knowledge of Auto-Cad, Micro Station and Visions Required
- Knowledge or experienced with the preparation of capital appropriation documents Required
- Must be energetic and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to our Code of Conduct and The Way We Work Required
- Must demonstrate a high level and promote a positive work ethic and customer service mentality in support of our corporate values and mission Required
- Supervisory experience Preferred
- Understanding of the Work Management System and Logica software Pref
Skills & Ability
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Competent in the use of Auto-Cad to generate drawings.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must respond to system emergencies
- Must work at field locations in all weather conditions
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must wear all necessary personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including; fire retardant clothing and safety harness
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.