Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Support department goals with analysis of system problems and the formulation of system changes including the development of code, performing testing and updating documentation.
- Meets with users and makes recommendations for requirements analysis.
- Writes programming specifications with guidance, based on systems design for small to medium changes.
- Makes recommendations for improving application design and implementation in light of process changes or changes in business or technology environment.
- Assists in the development and updating of scope, design, schedule, and cost and performance information in specified documentation formats.
- Codes applications, works with vendors to install software packages and/or supports the application environment.
- Provides application server and desktop support and maintenance for vendor provided packages.
- Performs unit, integration and system testing and sets up user acceptance testing for small to medium sized projects.
- Performs high-level applications testing for technology upgrades.
- Prepares routine maintenance changes on small to medium projects for move to production.
- Troubleshoots production problems and assists others as required.
- May perform standby duties, as required.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering. And One (1) year of IT related experience; Full-time or internship experience will count towards the one-year minimum of work experience requirement. Or, participated in the company's full-time college co-op or summer co-op internships for a minimum of six (6) months.
Required Work Experience
- One (1) year of IT related experience; Full-time or internship experience will count towards the one-year minimum of work experience requirement. Or, participated in the company's full-time college co-op or summer co-op internships for a minimum of six (6) months. Required
- Must possess strong decision-making and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with various levels of management and external vendors/customers. Req
Skills & Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be available during off-hours, and be on call 24/7 to respond to emergencies or direct activities when necessary.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.