Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Enterprise Integration Environment (EIE) Team enables important business processes to function smoothly across disparate systems in a robust and cost-efficient manner, thus providing value to both the company and our customers. We have played a critical role in every major IT project the company has undertaken for more than a decade and continue to address the company's integration needs both now and in the future. We have a well-established practice utilizing BizTalk on-premise and are expanding into both Azure's and Oracle's cloud integration capabilities, thus enabling us to implement integrations where they best fit. If you're interested in engaging, important work, you'll be interested in what the EIE Team has to offer.
- In the role of Integration Lead for the Microsoft Practice, you will be responsible for working with our partners to establish a center of excellence in Microsoft's cloud-based and on-premise integration technologies. This role, in conjunction with our integration architect, will establish corporate standards, patterns, use cases, and proof-of-concepts for the proper implementation of interfaces utilizing Microsoft's application and data integration products. This individual will also coordinate with other practice leads in maintaining a corporate-wide viewpoint across projects and technologies, identifying where Microsoft's integration products best fit in the broader Con Edison ecosystem. This individual is expected to maintain a high level of expertise in Microsoft's integration products and to proactively monitor for and address enhancements and deprecations within them. This individual will have management responsibility over several IT employees and contractors who together will interact with product owners, architects, development team members, trainers, testers, and analysts to build and maintain enterprise-grade integrations with Microsoft's products.
- A successful Integration Lead for the Microsoft Practice:
- Actively pursues excellence in the technical knowledge relevant to this position.
- Establishes best practices in the use of these technologies and communicates same to appropriate parties at varying technical levels.
- Understands the application integration requirements and challenges when working with on-premise or cloud-based 3rd-party products.
- Ensures that proposed solutions fit holistically into Enterprise Architecture's overall cloud design and does not violate SAAS or PAAS architecture principles.
- Provides guidance to technical teams and system integrators concerning suitable integration frameworks and reviews their proposed solutions.
- Evaluates the need for proof-of-concepts based on the strategic roadmap laid out by the Enterprise Architecture team and Functional Solution architects, and supports other teams in justifying these POCs to senior management.
- Leads complex integration projects, identifies business opportunities and creates a project plan to meet strategic objectives and outcomes. Prepares budget and tracks costs.
- Is the lead analyst for the interfaces associated with one or more technology products, major enterprise applications or medium sized department portfolios. Plans multi-year outlook/roadmap for assigned portfolio. Manages and prioritizes customer requests (demand management). Analyzes business requirements and presents solution options to business needs. Provides expertise and delivers value beyond immediate initiative goals.
- Delivers integration design documents, develop integration implementations, develop project plans for complex projects, and develop business cases including value analysis.
- Coaches and influences business managers in technology decisions. Engages with internal and external partners regularly to overcome blockers and develop efficient and widely usable interfaces. Understands and anticipates the needs and requirements of business partners. Prepares and conducts regular status updates on their projects.
- Effectively develops, manages, and strengthens vendor relationships to align vendor products and services with business and IT objectives.
- Provides guidance and develops alternatives and recommendations. Gains support for recommendations.
- Manages employees and contractors. Provides regular development feedback. Leads IT team and works with cross-functional teams to achieve all project goals. Coaches and technically trains new team members.
- Manages incidents including timely and relevant communication. Triage problems, remediate, analyze root cause, and implement incident prevention using techniques such as Human Performance Improvement.
- Leads significant portion of IT process improvement teams. Demonstrates ability to analyze, discover, and recommend opportunities for systems or process improvements.
- Communicates effectively across multiple stakeholder groups to influence project outcomes and steer towards enterprise goals. Proactively engages leadership at the manager and director levels. Partners on delivering success and managing challenges early. Solicits and implements feedback. Manages change proactively.
- Works independently with a minimum of supervision, and is adaptable and willing to perform tasks outside of a narrowly defined role.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree And three (3) years relevant experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree And five (5) years relevant experience Or
- Associate's Degree And seven (7) years relevant experience
- Master's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math
- Associate's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math
Required Work Experience
- Enterprise-grade experience as a technical expert and hands-on developer with the following products: Microsoft BizTalk (with a focus on the latest available versions), Microsoft Azure Integration Products (Event Hub, Logic Apps, Event Grid, Service Bus, Data Factory, Functions, Streaming Analytics, API Management and self-hosted API Gateway, App Service Environment, Integration Service Environment), XML, SQL and PL/SQL, C# Required
- Enterprise-grade experience with the following skills: Enterprise Integration theory and patterns, Full lifecycle of complex enterprise-grade integrations, Software development methodologies such as Agile and its implementations (Scrum, Kanban), as well as more traditional approaches such as Waterfall. Required
- Development and implementation experience on at least one Microsoft iPaaS project. Required
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with audiences at multiple levels and across multiple disciplines. Must be able to plan, organize and lead meetings. Must be able to translate functional to technical information. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills. Required
- Possess an excellent work ethic, demonstrate both integrity and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. Required
- Have strong leadership skills, being able to define the direction a project should head in and the plan to get there, while guiding the team along the journey. Required
- Have excellent teamwork skills, being able to collaborate with, listen to and mediate between team members and non-team members alike. Required
- Have the ability to learn new technologies as required for the job using documentation and other available resources. Required
- Demonstrate flexibility to work on multiple assignments with changing priorities and stay on schedule/on budget. Required
- Experience with production support, disaster recovery planning and related drills. Required
- Provide off-hour production support on a rotating schedule. Req
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills And
- Excellent organizational skills And
- Performs work independently with minimal supervision And
- Possesses a high degree of initiative And
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc. And
- Demonstrated problem solving skills And
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Available to work off hours as operationally required. May need to work in other company locations, as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.