Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Develop, maintain and enhance the work or databases, servicer and system engineering. Define and create business use cases.
- Independently develop, operate and maintain databases, servers, system and system integrations and author business use cases.
- Collaborate and deliver finished products with various company departments, including but no limited to IT, Tech Arch, Construction Business Service, eGis, and various external vendors including but no limited to ProceMX.
- Identify, plan, organize and directo work across all commodities in a region with specific driver, including but not limited to ConEdision Electric, Gas and Steam work, local agency scheduled paving and other selected external agencies (ex. NYCDOT, NYSDOT, DDC, DEP, MTA, Port Authority, Municipalities and other external entities).
- Attend field meetings and perform field visits at various locations as needed.
- Identify, review, communicate and coordinate work coordination opportunities for multiple groups.
- Monitor execution of work coordination packages and track various metrics.
- Prepare and update work coordination documentation by navigating, interacting and interpreting various work management systems and other systems of record.
- Obtain regular project status updates from various systems and sources, including but no limited to DOT milling and paving updates, CPMS, Gas Work Tracker, SR tracker, CGI/Logica, LOT, Maximo, Gas Central, Adept, ARCGIS, Projectwise, Visions, and ProceMX.
- Develop and deliver automated, frictionless integrations with all systems named above and new systems to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Develop and deliver customized visualizations in Tableau and ArcGIS to integrate and visualize data form the current and new systems.
- Verify work scheduled and activities of external agencies
- Maintain and improve data quality in the coordination platform.
- Support mapping and coordination enhancements by identifying and implementing software updates and integrations. Work with vendors and internal departments for design, funding, approval and deployment as needed.
- Assist the Project Manager and Department Manager with the coordination, preparation and reporting of significant activities on special projects and programs.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree And 3 years of related experience Or
- Associate's Degree And 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science And 3 years of related experience
Required Work Experience
- Full stack developer experience in any field Required
- 3-5 years Construction/utility experience Pref
Skills & Ability
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Other: Python, SQL or C# Certification Preferred
- Must sit or stand to answer a phone for entire shift
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.