Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- This Section Manager position is in the Con Edison electric and steam rates section of Rate Engineering. The Section Manager will help develop assigned personnel to design, administer, and interpret the rates and tariff provisions to meet Company objectives. The Section Manager will also represent the needs of the Department and/or Company in various internal and external meetings and proceedings. The Section Manager will work with the Department Manager in planning for employee development and current and future work needs.
- Review and guide the work of and develop the skills of direct reports so they can easily adapt to changing business needs and perform ad-hoc analyses.
- Work within the department, across departments and among other utilities to develop, collect and analyze information required to implement Company initiatives.
- Prepare and present testimony for presentation to regulatory agencies, legislative bodies and public forums justifying the Company's revenue allocation, rate design, and policy positions. Direct the preparation of associated exhibits and work papers in support of such testimony. Analyze testimony and exhibits of other parties and, in consultation with other departments, prepare rebuttal testimony, data responses and cross-examination.
- Interpret regulatory commission orders and assess their impact on rates and revenues. This includes keeping abreast of regional, state, and federal filing regulations. Understand the differences amongst rate methodologies of these various regulatory bodies.
- Follow industry trends on emerging technologies and how rates will interplay with such technologies.
- Advise management and other departments within the Company of the proper application of rates and adjustments to customer bills. Interpret and answer inquiries, both internal and external, concerning provisions of the Company's tariffs and rates.
- Prepare or make recommendations on the necessary filing letters and accompanying tariff language, rate revisions and supporting workpapers to implement Commission orders and Company policy on rates and services to customers.
- Supervise the preparation of forecast energy supply charges, various rate adjustments, and customer bill impacts.
- Represent the Company at meetings with regulatory agencies and other external stakeholders, and maintain open communication with regard to rates and tariff interpretations. Respond to inquiries from all such stakeholders, including explaining the rationale underlying the Company's rates.
- Assist in cross-sectional and cross-departmental team activities to develop, collect and analyze information and data required to implement rate-related programs to support Company initiatives.
- Understand the various IT systems that are used to support the computation of the Company's rates and bill impact analyses. Work with stakeholders on the design and modification of such systems, when necessary.
- Present at meetings both internal (to all levels of employees) and external to the Company.
- Maintain and promote comprehensive documentation and accurate records, practice good housekeeping, follow Company safety procedures, and safeguard computers, digital files, reports and work papers.
- Performs other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Related Disciplines And 8 years of work experience with a minimum of 5 years experience related to utility rate matters
- Master's Degree Masters degree or MBA a plus And Use of Company mainframe and financial systems
Required Work Experience
- In-depth knowledge of utility rate-making issues including rate design, cost recovery mechanisms, tariff administration, industry trends, and customer billing practices. Required
- Must demonstrate leadership experience. Required
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.. Required
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with customers (both internal and external to the Company), support staff, various levels of management, and regulatory agencies. Required
- Must be able to transfer knowledge to peers and train staff. Required
- Must have strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills. Required
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Required
- Must have excellent project planning and research skills. Required
- Must be able to work harmoniously with all department and Company personnel. Required
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Req
Skills & Ability
- Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data And
- Demonstrated analytical skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY service territory, as needed.
- Must be available 24/7, and available to be on call and/or participate in off-hour emergency response activities as required.
- Must be able and willing to travel to as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.