Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Project Specialist is responsible for the Company's Emergency Response Plans (ERPs), the Organization's Corporate Instructions and other guiding documents relative to emergency preparedness; and supporting emergency incidents (e.g. storms).
- As it relates to the ERPs and other applicable guiding documents, the Project Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that the plan is completed as required and meets stakeholder needs. In conjunction with the operational groups ensures that company personnel are prepared for responding to emergency events. The plan should include comprehensive details on effective storm/system preparation, restoration, and recovery; regulatory compliance and relationships; and maintaining internal external relationships.
- Maintain and develop Emergency Response Plans (ERPs) and Guidelines and ensure integration throughout the Company.
- Maintain Corporate Instructions for which Emergency Preparedness is the Advice and Counsel.
- Collaborate with Operations and Shared Services to identify their needs and resources as it relates to Plans, etc.
- Ensure integration of the Electric Storm Scorecards throughout the Company and facilitate the completion of required Scorecards.
- Support Incident Command System (ICS) mobilizations (e.g. storms).
- Participate in exercises.
- Support Orange and Rockland (''O&R'') as required.
- Support the Mutual Assistance process as required.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and workshops related to emergency preparedness/management in order to learn new information and to develop working relationships with industry partners.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business, Communications, Engineering, Emergency Management/Preparedness with at least 3 years of related experience in emergency preparedness/management and/or utility emergency response and at least 3 years of utility or agency experience preferred.
Required Work Experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to effectively interact with customers, support staff, and various levels of management and the union.
- Has strong analytical, technical, organizational and program/project management skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business and policy decisions.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and critical deadlines.
- Must have a proven track record of working well in team situations and be willing and able to lead multi-discipline teams.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within O&R and CECONY Company service territory, as needed.
- Must be able to work any shift (day or night).
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions, as well as capable of extensive walking, climbing and standing.
- Must be medically approved to wear a respirator (where appropriate).
- Must be available for extended work hours and call-in when necessary, including weekends, nights or holidays.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.