Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Oversee special projects within Emergency Management that may require interaction with organizations both within and outside the Company.
- Responsible for the implementation, oversight, and maintenance of applications owned by Emergency Management.
- Oversee the weather analysis/monitoring aspects of emergency preparedness, ensuring the impact models are maintained and weather impact is effectively communicated.
- Leverage technology to increase our awareness and confidence of impactful weather events.
- Responsible for the resource acquisition needs of the company which consists of a variety of items including, but not limited to mutual assistance, emergency contracts, procurement support, and crew guide training.
- Liaison between project teams, external agencies, contractors, as well as appropriate Company departments (Engineering departments, R&D, Distribution Engineering, Control Centers and emergency responders, etc.) to coordinate and complete projects.
- Create, implement and maintain plans and procedures within Emergency Management to streamline processes and increase preparedness efforts and emergency response for the company.
- Perform benchmarking with our companies and communicate best practices.
- Provide Incident Management Assist Team (IMAT) support for serious-level or greater incidents and for any declared full-scale CERC to assist in the implementation of the Incident Command System (ICS); serve as Command Staff - Liaison Officer for full-scale CERC exercises or other declared incidents.
- May serve as the Company's on-call emergency liaison during work and non-work hours on periodic weeks based on a duty roster; work to assure Company procedures, internal communications, and management actions include the ICS process for all incident responses and incorporate proper and timely communications to external agencies.
- Use effective management practices in managing resources.
- Responsible for the preparation, integrity, and maintenance of records. Ensure all records, including appropriate reference material are kept current and available.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree Minimum of eight years of project management or engineering/science experience is required, and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering degree is preferred.
- Master's Degree in business or related field is preferred.
Required Work Experience
- Must also have basic understanding of the operation of energy commodity systems; Required
- Proficiency with project management software and Microsoft Office; and knowledge of procedures, specifications, drawings, contract documents, prints, and diagrams associated with the implementation of projects.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.