Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role, subject to reasonable accommodation for religious or disability-related reasons.
- Conduct field inspections to ensure that all company facilities are protected, supported, maintained in accordance with all applicable engineering designs, specifications, procedures, and/or codes.
- Ensure all code 753 requirements are implemented on every applicable job.
- When applicable, conduct Job Briefing, Job Site Safety Exchanges (JSSE), Safety Stand-down, and/or relevant OJT's with CE field personnel, or contractors.
- Ensure that the contractor's means and methods conform to their HASP and local, state, and federal regulations. Assure all contractor work is conducted within stipulations required by applicable NYC permits, guidelines, and minimize qualify of life issues for the community we serve.
- Respond and act as an incident commander when required on damages, or environmental and safety incidents involving construction projects.
- Respond to company-wide events, such as storm emergencies, heat alerts, system outages, feeder patrols, etc.
- Respond to contractor damages and prepare damage investigation reports as required.
- Ensure all contractor performance for CE contractors is reported through the contractor oversight system (COS) and report all contractor incidents through Infraction Reports and Action Lines. Ensure close out in compliance with the corrective action plan.
- Ensure all contract changes are processed in accordance with Construction Administration Manual (CAM), Interference Control Manual (ICM), process all change documents and review and approve time sheets, unit quantities and invoices.
- Analyze, monitor, track, and accrue all project related costs and ensures all cost information is incorporated into the current working estimate (CWE). When necessary, develop Request for Authorization (RAP) and Capital Appropriation package.
- Maintain all project files including daily logs on contractor activities, updated schedules and contract drawings, submittals/RFI's and sign in sheets.
- Ensure all project schedules are maintained, and coordinate with engineering, estimating, purchasing, work management, electric/gas/steam operations, etc. to resolves technical, field or contract issues.
- Perform night, overtime, and weekend supervisory duties as required.
- Establish and maintain professional, effective, timely, and consistent communication with all field inspectors, project specialists, managers, and all required company and external agency personnel.
- Communicate and enforce operational and procedural changes when required among its peers and direct reports.
- Maintain a driver license, NY State Project Monitor Certification, respirator and asbestos qualifications, gas operator qualification, as well as work permit certifications as required by job functions.
- May perform other tasks and assignments as needed
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 years field construction experience; Or
- Associate's Degree And 4 years field construction experience; Or
- High School Diploma/GED And 5 years field construction experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Architecture preferred
Required Work Experience
- Fundamental background in construction management and be knowledgeable in electrical, mechanical, civil, chemical, construction or Operations
- Knowledge of the facilities, remediation, electric, gas and/or steam system
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products (Words, Excel, Powerpoint, Access database, etc.) and Oracle is required; proficiency and knowledge of ProjectWise, Auto-CAD, Micro-station, Microsoft Projects, Primavera, MAXIMO, and/or Oracle Work Management System is preferred
- Knowledge of Building Code and permit requirements
- Knowledge of safety and environmental procedures related to working in generating stations, substations, commercial facilities or public streets
- Knowledge of contract administration procedures, inspection and cost control
- Ability to interface with external agencies and customers
- Strong interpersonal, communication, written, and presentation skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must work in inclement weather and adverse conditions (i.e., excessive heat, cold, noise, confined spaces)
- Must walk, stand, lift, climb, bend, kneel, stoop, and/or reach
- Must use their personal vehicles and transport, store, and secure company laptop computers and other job related equipment in the vehicle. Reimbursement for use of personal vehicle is available through the company mileage procedure.
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.