Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
It is an essential job requirement to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 for this role, subject to reasonable accommodation for religious or disability-related reasons.
- The Senior Attorney and Associate Counsel roles are for highly skilled commercial litigation attorneys capable of handling complex commercial disputes with little supervision. The position is needed to represent the company in pending legal actions and proceedings, and to assist company managers and officers to resolve pre-litigation claims without litigation. The scope of work includes, among other areas law, contracts, business torts, construction, real estate, bankruptcy, and internal investigations. The position includes substantial professional writing and teaching preventative law programs to internal clients. An Associate Counsel will also provide leadership, coaching and instruction to junior attorneys.
- Represent the Company in state and federal court proceedings and administrative proceedings involving commercial matters.
- Analyze complex matters and provide thoughtful, practical and creative solutions.
- Highly-motivated, self starter who can produce results under time constraints.
- Deposition and trial experience.
- Research and write high-quality legal memos, court briefs, and other pleadings using a plain-English, high-impact style. Draft settlement agreements.
- Perform administrative matters in connection with the operation of the Law Department.
- Provide any other commercial legal services related to Company operations.
- Provide leadership, coaching and instruction to junior attorneys.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments.
- Juris Doctorate Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited Law School required And Admission (or the ability to waive in) to the New York State Bar required.
Required Work Experience
- Candidate for the Associate Counsel role must have a minimum of 8 years legal experience with a focus on commercial litigation matters. Required
- Candidates for the Senior Attorney role need at least 6 years of the above mentioned experience. Required
- Deposition and trial experience is required. Required
- Must possess excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communications and negotiation skills. Required
- Organizational leadership or management experience. Req
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.