Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of pending litigation actions; prepare draft motions, testimony and responses to discovery demands served on or by the Company.
- Prepare and organize all required legal documents; upload electronic documents to CaseWorks and/or eDocs.
- Create matters in the Matter Management System.
- Maintain case files and handle other tasks related to litigation support.
- Coordinate with and advise management personnel providing documents in response to discovery requests.
- Maintain case calendar.
- Perform legal research, analyze documents and catalog exhibits.
- Process vendor invoices for payment.
- File documents on behalf of the Company in the PSC DMM system.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree And A minimum of two years paralegal or legal experience is required. Or
- High School Diploma/GED And A minimum of 4 years paralegal or legal experience.
- Bachelor's Degree And A minimum of two years paralegal or legal experience.
- Paralegal Certificate A minimum of two years paralegal or legal experience.
Required Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years paralegal or legal assistant experience. Required
- Must be able to work well independently or in a team environment. Required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint. Required
- Must be detail-oriented with good analytical skills and ability to efficiently handle multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities and deadlines. Required
- Must have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively and handle internal and external contacts professionally with tact and sensitivity. Required
- Must be disciplined and have excellent time management skills. Required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills as well as exemplary follow-up skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels. Required
- Strong writing skills required. A writing sample will be required to be provided as part of the application process. Required
- Notary Public license preferred. Preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Pro or DC Standard. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.