Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Under general supervision, develops, maintains, and supports computer systems of the IT BSD Outage Management Systems (OMS) Department. This includes designing, coding, testing, documenting, problem solving, and training. These OMS systems include, but are not limited to, the Outage Management System (OMS), Outage Map, Oracle Utilities Analytics and Distribution Control Center applications.
- Supports the OMS Systems by assisting in the development of new functionality. This involves preparing documentation, coding as required, testing, and problem solving.
- Provides training for Systems Users.
- Works with users to prepare technical analyses for enhancements to existing systems or new systems. Develops functional scope and design documentation for enhancements of existing systems.
- Designs application enhancements and small projects according to departmental standards. Writes programming technical specifications based on system design.
- Codes applications or supports some aspect of the application development environment (such as tools or common components). Performs system testing.
- Troubleshoots problems found in testing development projects, production applications, or the development environment. Prepares work for production implementation.
- Performs integration and system testing, and assists in acceptance testing. Performs high level applications testing for technology upgrades.
- Participates in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree And two (2) years' related work experience Demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field. Or
- Associate's Degree with equivalent technical certification And four (4) years' related work experience Demonstrated work experience in a related Information Technology field.
Required Work Experience
- Experience writing formal documentation and requirements. Some experience preparing and conducting presentations. Required
- Experience with object oriented programming languages. Java or .NET experience is a plus. Required
- Must be proficient querying and administering relational databases. Server administration skills, including low level operating system troubleshooting skills, are a plus. Linux skills are preferred. Required
- Experience with Mobile and Cloud Technologies. Required
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments and deadlines. Req
Skills & Ability
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within the CECONY and O&R service territory, as needed.
- Must be available to work off hours as operationally required.
- May need to work in other company locations as required.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.