Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Senior System Analyst is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of the information security assurance compliance program, including regulatory, licensing, and internal requirements.
- Maintain awareness of applicable laws, regulations and company policies to identify and document new or changing compliance requirements.
- Perform activities related to any of the following compliance areas: cybersecurity, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), privacy, disaster recovery, or other areas.
- Manage the development and enhancement of business processes, policies and procedures.
- Work with stakeholders to develop, review and execute compliance controls and track results.
- Track and update metrics related to cybersecurity, privacy, SOX, software licensing or other assurance and compliance areas.
- Collect and prepare information for response to external and internal compliance audits.
- Assist with documentation and tracking of cybersecurity or IT event incident response.
- Prepare and deliver compliance awareness communication across the company.
- Provide advice to company personnel on compliance and IT controls.
- Prepare project plans and schedules. Tracks and manages project deliverables.
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure compliance activities are handled in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree in relevant discipline Two (2) year of compliance or quality related work full-time work experience Or
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline Four (4) years of compliance or quality related work full-time work experience Or
- Associate's Degree in relevant discipline Six (6) years of compliance or quality related full-time work experience Equivalent technical certifications (CQA, CQE etc.) are acceptable as well
Required Work Experience
- Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills. Required
- General knowledge and understanding of information technology including software, web, mainframe, server, personal computer and Microsoft Office. Preferred
- Knowledge of IT compliance areas or quality assurance functions is desirable. Preferred
- Illustration of a proven ability to perform compliance and quality assurance initiatives and programs is desirable. Pref
Skills & Ability
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Must sit or stand to use a keyboard, mouse, and computer for entire shift
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.