Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Sr. System Analyst or Systems Specialist is responsible for the management the server and LAN infrastructure and the user/operational environments of the Gas and Steam Control Centers. This individual will be responsible for scheduling, training, hiring, and onboarding analysts or contractors. This individual will manage oversight of technical aspects of assigned projects, including purchasing, creating/meeting deadlines, and working across business units to complete projects. This individual will also be responsible for coordination of all Business Continuity Plan exercises and Disaster Recovery drills.
- Maintain the technologies that are used to support Con Edison's Gas and Steam Control Centers. Support responsibilities involve software configurations, as well as customizations to enable integrations with critical systems at Con Edison.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for overall project management and planning activities for a number of diverse projects and process improvement initiatives including SCADA system upgrade, Data Center construction and cyber security tools deployments. The candidate will need to ensure work is performed in compliance with Federal cyber security standards.
- Manage a technical staff of employees and/or contractors responsible for supporting the Windows server and storage infrastructure for the Gas and Steam Control Centers and associated data centers.
- Ensure effective management of VMware virtual environment: reduce physical footprint within each datacenter to increase manageability through vCenter and cost savings by reducing physical equipment, while ensuring cyber security standards. Ensure external storage needs are met, and highest availability is provided as determined by priority of environment.
- Promote a customer service oriented team by emphasizing professionalism, honesty, concern, courtesy, excellence and teamwork in the group.
- Promote a positive work ethic in support of our Corporate Values and Mission, with a commitment to environmental excellence and safety in the workplace.
- Ensure cyber security best practices are met through network segmentation and multiple security zones within each of our datacenters, as well as through the management and maintenance access processes by team members.
- Perform various administrative duties such as approving timesheets, processing equipment orders, and submit quotes for new hardware for all Gas and Steam Control Center environments.
- Research external software/hardware solutions, when needed. Manage Proof of Concept (POC) and CREAT approval processes where necessary.
- Contribute to team discussions, understands infrastructure needs across all teams within the group, and ensure cooperation to achieve goals with infrastructure support while prioritizing deadlines of multiple projects.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills, address after action items.
- Create 24x7 ''On Call'' support schedule, as well as schedule on site support when needed for support during emergencies. Available to work off hours as operationally required. May need to work at other company locations, as required. .
- Work in a collaborative environment, interfacing and developing relationships with groups from all areas of the company - business representatives, IT supporting teams, as well as vendor/contractor team members - in order to perform thorough requirements analyses and deliver solutions that benefit the entire organization.
- Plan and participate in disaster recovery drills and address after action items.
- Ensure LAN rooms are inspected regularly and supervise the work of all parties working in these rooms.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Associate's Degree with relevant technical certifications 5 years work experience in relevant field of the 5 years, three (3+) years technical experience required (Sr. System Analyst 2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Math, or applicable degree three (3) years to 5 years of relevant experience Minimum three (3) years for Sr. System Analyst 2L.
- Minimum 5 years for Systems Specialist 2H.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Business, a plus
Required Work Experience
- Sr System Analyst (2L) requires 3+ years of experience with at least three (3) of the following: LAN administration and server maintenance Desktop support LAN/WAN network support Managing technical employees Microsoft Windows Server management Microsoft Windows Desktop management Required
- Must have ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources Required
- Systems Specialist (2H) requires a minimum 5 years experience in an analytical capacity, e.g., business analysis, programming, engineering, or system design Required
- Experience supporting production systems on a 24x7 basis Preferred
- Strong skills and experience with the MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required Preferred
- Knowledge of SCADA systems Preferred
- Cyber Security Experience or Certification Preferred
- Experience supporting Distribution Electric, Gas, Steam or Bulk Electric Control Centers Preferred
- Ability to plan work of self & others and resolve technical and other problems Preferred
- Knowledge of servers, storage, and networking preferred Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.