Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- Supervises the work effort of Construction Inspectors and Inspectors engaged in all aspects of Contract administration and inspection of projects and payment review.
- Provides quality control oversight of contractor activities and reviews, administers, and authorizes billing and documentation required for payment and updating of company records. Ensures work payment accruals are accurately completed in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all contractor work is performed in a safe, timely, efficient, and cost conscious manner, and in accordance with local, state and federal regulations, as well as the established company standards and specifications.
- Assures all contract work is conducted within the stipulations required by applicable NYC permits, and minimizes quality of life issues for the community we serve.
- Establish and maintain effective daily communication with all field personnel, project specialists, EH&S Representatives, Manager, and internal and external organizations.
- Incorporate applicable safety, environmental, and damage prevention procedures, controls and methodologies into construction work plans and activities.
- Conduct daily meetings to identify safety concerns or procedural issues related to construction on assigned work sites.
- Respond to and act as incident commander as required on damages or environmental and safety incidents involving construction projects.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering Degree preferred) with at least 3 years work experience with Gas, Electric, or Steam construction practices. Or
- High School Diploma/GED In lieu of degree with 5 years work experience with Gas, Electric, or Steam construction practices.
Required Work Experience
- Ability to interpret and draw relevant drawings and specifications is required
- Ability to perform contractor negotiations and direct work force required.
- Should have experience with planning and supervision of construction projects and oversight.
- Knowledge of excavating trenches and openings & installing outside plant steam facilities is a plus.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental procedures related to subsurface construction work and contract administration and inspection, documentation and cost control is a plus.
- Must have strong decision-making skills, excellent leadership and communication skills along with the flexibility to handle multiple assignments at one time and meet deadlines.
- Must possess strong oral and written, interpersonal and negotiation skills to effectively interface with governmental/outside agencies and internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook is required.
- Working knowledge of Compass and Visio is a plus.
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Position requires walking, standing, and climbing.
- Must be able to work in extreme hot and cold climates.
- Must be able to respond to emergencies and be medically approved to wear a half face respirator.
- Must be willing and able to perform night, overnight, and weekend supervisory duty as required by the project assignment or weekend duty roster.
- Must be willing and able to travel within Company service territory, as needed.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.