Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Enterprise Data & Analytics team is responsible for driving the Company's data and analytics strategy, providing advanced analytics solutions, managing Con Edison's Enterprise Data Analytics Platform (EDAP), and developing data solutions.
- The Systems Specialist for Data Privacy will serve as the technical project management lead for Con Edison's enterprise Privacy Readiness program, working together with stakeholders in Customer Operations and Privacy Compliance and IT counterparts in Business Systems Delivery.
- The Privacy Readiness Program will strengthen the Company's privacy posture and support compliance with anticipated NYS Privacy law, other state/federal regulations, and customer expectations. The Program consists of the agile implementation and operation of a suite of technologies and business processes aimed to minimize risk and maximize value opportunities.
- Manage daily project activities for the Privacy Readiness program as required, including:
- - creation, organization and delivery of project artifacts and materials, including project plans and presentations
- - financial and resource estimation, forecasting, and budgeting
- - reporting at IT's Major Projects meetings and engagement in IT Board governance processes
- - compliance with software development standards and policies, to include but not be limited to production acceptance, technology review and run-state support pursuant to CEI CI-215
- Assist in process development for Privacy Readiness program and related initiatives, ensure consistency between Con Edison and O&R and prioritize customer experience
- Develop and monitor metrics and quality assurance checks to measure project success and process compliance
- Direct systems integrator and lead technology implementation activities for the Privacy Readiness program, and work to ensure that technology enables the vision and mission of both the program itself and the Company's new Privacy Compliance team
- Work with EDAP, Enterprise Architecture, and BSD teams to plan integrations to meet the requirements of Privacy implementation(s)
- Assist in the creation of relevant software standards and reference architectures to support Privacy initiatives
- Collaborate with key stakeholders: Privacy program team (including Customer Operations, Law, IT, Privacy Compliance team), Supply Chain and leadership, and work closely with software vendor and Systems Integrator to foster alignment on enterprise design approach and implementation. Be able to communicate and operate in hybrid (remote/in person) environments
- Support the team in its overall objectives, to include data sharing, data governance, and emerging Company data initiatives
- Commitment to the ideals of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve engagement and value for all our stakeholders
- Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
- Master's Degree with a minimum of two (2) years relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience; Or
- Associate's Degree with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience; Or
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience
- Master's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field And with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Business, or technology-centric field And with a minimum of five (5) years relevant experience
Required Work Experience
- Experience developing and delivering IT solutions Required
- Experience documenting functional and non-functional requirements for IT solutions Required
- Experience developing project plans, including resource planning, stakeholder identification, and timelines Required
- Experience identifying and mitigating project risks and issues Required
- Experience developing project budgets, forecasts, and other cost management activities Required
- Experience leading and facilitating meetings, presenting to project stakeholders Required
- Experience working in teams implementing new technologies and assisting in technology assessments Required
- Familiarity with data technologies, including but not limited to data integration and/or analytics Required
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and technologies as required Required
- Project management experience Preferred
- Familiarity with data privacy legislation and/or issues Preferred
- Familiarity with data privacy and consent management applications/software Preferred
- Experience evaluating use case benefits and documenting process change requirements Preferred
- Experience participating in development of software standards and/or reference architectures Preferred
- Experience evaluating interdependencies of IT systems & processes Preferred
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum framework Preferred
- Familiarity with RDBMS technologies and relational data models Pref
Skills & Ability
- Project Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Well organized, detail oriented and flexible to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Preferred
- Other: Technical certification in IT Preferred
- Other: Certified ScrumMaster Preferred
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.