Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company’s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities – safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
- The Central Engineering organization is seeking to hire a highly dedicated and motivated individual to join its team. The (Senior/Project) Specialist will report to the Section Manager of the Substation OT and Controls Section within the Central Engineering organization. The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.
- She/he will plan, organize, and direct engineering projects, including discipline engineering activities to ensure that Central Engineering work is on schedule, within budget and in accordance with applicable specifications, drawings, safety, human performance, environmental and quality requirements.
- Will coordinate technical support during field construction activities and provide periodic progress and financial reports to the appropriate company executives.
- Will support projects in Substation Operations, System and Transmission Operations, and Steam Operations , as required.
- Responsible for coordinating control system projects, including reviewing engineering estimates, schedules, field drawings and specifications for completeness and accuracy.
- Monitors schedules, progress and cost control of the project.
- Works directly with the Central Operations Project Manager as the single point of contact for Central Engineering for the assigned projects.
- Ensures engineering adherence to specifications, drawings, company and regulatory requirements and any special conditions.
- Attend field visits, field walks and pre-award meetings.
- Ensures that all projects are entered into databases including scopes of work, estimates, schedules, engineering calculations and procurement information.
- Responsible to update status of project deliverables in the Central Engineering project status database(s).
- Coordinates engineering package and schedule review meetings. Ensures implementation of Company safety, human performance, health and environmental programs for all engineering project personnel; and that all Company environmental policies and governmental regulations are followed.
- Supports the needs of Con Edison during System Emergencies and Equipment Outages.
- May perform other tasks and special assignments as directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field And 2 years of full time work experience in project management - SPECIALIST (1H) Or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or related technical field And 4 years of full time work experience in project management - SPECIALIST (1H) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field And 4 years of experience in project management - SENIOR SPECIALIST (2L) Or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or related technical field And 6 Years experience in project management - SENIOR SPECIALIST (2L) Or
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field And 6 years experience in project management - PROJECT SPECIALIST (2H) Or
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or related technical field And 8 years experience in project management - PROJECT SPECIALIST (2H) Or
- Master's Degree with a Bachelors degree in Engineering or related technical field And 4 years of experience in project management - PROJECT SPECIALIST(2H).
Required Work Experience
- REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Position requires excellent leadership, communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with customers both within and outside of the company.
- Requires computer proficiency to include Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of project schedules and capital budgets.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented and able to handle multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.
- Requires the ability to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Must have demonstrated analytical abilities.
- Must have a high regard for personal accountability, and understand the critical importance of Commitment to Engineering Excellence.
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of Substation Operations, System and Transmission Operations, and Construction is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred. Pref
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License Required
Other Physical Demands
- Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
- Must be willing and able to make field visits as required and wear the proper PPE.
- Must be available for emergency work 24/7 as system conditions require.
- Must be willing and able to travel within the company service territory, regionally (and potentially continent-wide), to attend conferences, meetings, etc. as required.
- Must be willing and able to work in both office and field settings.
Technical Difficulty Statement
Equal Opportunity Employer
Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.